cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the customer tax classification form the customer mater to sales orders automatically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts:

In the customer mater, I set  customer tax classification to 1, shown as Fig. 1.

Fig. 1.

But I create  the sales order,  customer tax classification cannot display 1 automatically, shown as Fig. 2.

Fig. 2.

How to get the customer tax classification form the customer mater to sales orders automatically?

Best regards,

Jet.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, You will find tax classification determined from masters at item level in the sales order.

Alt tax classification in sales order header is used if you do not want system determined tax classification.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karuna,

Could we see customer Tax classification at line item level, in a sales order?

From my understanding, only material tax classification is visible at this level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes TW, Material tax classification is visible at Item level. Cust tax class is used along with it to find tax condition records in the sales order.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

TW is correct. In sale order header these fields are not filled. You can check either at sale order item level or in billing document header leve.

Why don't you check these in condition tab that whether you are getting tax condition record or not?

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yc,

Please check in your billing document, Header level, Tab Header, field "TaxClass-Cust." here you can find the tax classification from the customer master.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

You, Karuna are both right and so is MoazzaM.

1) In Sales Order you can see how the Customer Tax Classification along with Material Tax Classification is used in determining the Tax during Pricing at the Line Item Level. Depending upon your Country, the standard Tax Condition Type is MWST.

2) You can also find the same in Billing Document at header level -

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dee,

I understand your point! Thanks!

But seeing customer Tax classification at item level depends upon the configuration related to pricing (fields in condition table, condition type etc.).

Suppose, for my business scenario, I do not use MWST but some custom tax condition type, which has a table without customer Tax classification. Then I can not see customer Tax classification at item level.

But this is not the case for material Tax classification, we can see this "independent" field at item level. (not the case with customer Tax classification)

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Attn: YC.

I agree with your perspective. The entry in Billing Header is more sure shot, while in the Sales Order, it depends upon the Table Entries of which Condition Table is being accessed. 

My reply was meant more for the original query here. YC's query is more with an expectation of why the Tax Field [maintained in customer master] appearing in the Alt Tax Classification Field in the Sales Order. That scenario will only happen in case of someone wanting to override the original tax classification entries with something else.

MWST [with related Condition Tables] is the most standard Tax Condition Type. In fact, where I live it is not used at all.

The above being said, unless there is a real uncommon requirement, for all Domestic Taxation Purposes, the Tax Classification of Customer is definitely a required Entry.

A product is always levied Tax based on the combination of entries related to the Material Tax Classification and the Customer Tax Classification among other fields.

Fortunately[from whichever perspective you see it], this is one place where the Business Taxation Logic drives SAP Mapping and there is little wriggle room for other things. 

YC: Hope my explanation helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Abhishek and Karuna :

Thanks for your help. I will reference and try to solve it.

Best regards,

Jet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.