cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry date formatting suddenly stops working on ipad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the current date conversion working on ipad (dd/MM/yyyy to yyyy-MM-dd) but all of a sudden it stopped working.

On every field I apply the rule as shown in the picture the ipad displays 0001-01-01.

The rule validation in eclipse show the correct format, in the ATE it's shown correctly, but on ipad it's like the picture below.

Any idea which setting could have triggered the current date mis-format on ipad (but not on windows and ATE) cause it used to work fine?

(I also tried to reset and redownload the agentry app, syclo app, work manager 5.3).

As an example I reformatted the left date.

With format tokens "yyyy", the date displays "0001"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You might want to confirm if there is a valid date in that field.  I suspect that the field you are trying to format might be empty.  I believe that empty dates convert to strings as 01-01-0000 which when formatted might display as what you see.

You may need to check if there is a date value before formatting and then return an empty string instead of the formatted date string.

Give that a try.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes it's a valid date, that's the point.

Both circled fields are the same field, one formatted, the other not.

Problem is that I have 2 types of date displays, one from SAP (in yyyy-MM-dd format) and the ones created from the client (with the "DATE" function as a rule they come standard in the dd/MM/yyyy format).

It worked fine, but suddenly the formatting stopped working and returned 00001-01-01.

The only thing I can remember is using the same formatting rule on another screen set on other fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some testing it becomes clear that it's the format conversion that sets the date to zero.

If I put the machine date in the field the return is 15/01/2014.

If I change the format to yyyy-MM-dd the return is 0001-01-01

If I change the format to yyyy the return is 0001

Anyone an idea what triggers this?

Or is the date conversion on ipad buggy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it, apparently ipad can't handle the standard date formatting structure.

The below rule works..