Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi formatting a cross tab and repeating values

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Please refer to the image attached.

Hi Experts,

I'm creating a cross tab report and am completely lost on how to achieve the following :

1) Repeating the MTH of Year on each columns(unlike the table in the attachment) like  :

Oct2013               OCT2013        Nov2013                Nov2013       Dec2013              Dec2013

GrossSales        Quantity         Gross sales           Quantity       Gross sales        Quantity

I really thought this would be a simple formatting option (or may be it is) I can't seem to figure out a way to accomplish this. Although,I'm able to merge the two cells together so each MTH value represents two columns but i want individual values for each column repeated like the example above.

2) Arranging the measures one after the other like :

Oct2013             Nov2013           Dec2013          Oct2013     Nov2013        Dec2013

GrossSales      GrossSales      GrossSales     Quantity     Quantity        Quantity

So, I'm trying to display GrossSales for all the months first and then Quantity for all the months.

Please let me know if more details are required on this .

Thanks

GD Bhatt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Repeating the MTH of Year on each columns(unlike the table in the attachment) like  :

Oct2013               OCT2013        Nov2013                Nov2013       Dec2013           Dec2013

GrossSales        Quantity         Gross sales           Quantity       Gross sales        Quantity

Just drag and drop the same object that is present above GrossSales cell to the blank cell after it (the one above Quantity).

2) Arranging the measures one after the other like :

Oct2013             Nov2013           Dec2013          Oct2013     Nov2013        Dec2013

GrossSales      GrossSales      GrossSales     Quantity     Quantity        Quantity

Create two cross tabs. One with GrossSales and another with Quantity (Then delete the first column). And set the horizontal relative position so that it looks like one cross tab.

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant !

I got the 1st one working, for the 2nd scenario i like how you thought of this workaround however, I need to be able to achieve the desired output in one block of table then having to do it in two blocks, do you think it is possible at all ?

GD Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not aware of any other way of doing it. However if you want to have both measures in one column then you can use

=[GrossSales]+Char(10)+[Quantity]

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you explain this more Prashant ? What does the Formula do ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will show GrossSales and Quantity in a cell one below another. Why don't you create this on your report and see. It's not that difficult...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

The only way to do it would be 2 convert the GrossSales and Quantity from Column to Rows.

The way I did was to create two queries with UNION like below:-

YearMonth, GrossSales, 'GrossSales' Flag1

UNION

YearMonth, Quantity, 'Quantity' Flag2

Please note you might have to create 2 Flag objects in Universe or do custom SQL.

Then create a crosstab with below details:-

Horizontal Axis : YearMonth

Flag

Body Axis: GrossSales

Then do a sort on the Flag column. Pls refer to the screenshot on a sample I created from eFashion.

Regards,

Kashif

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the requirement.

Is it possible in single cross tab itself?

Thanks,

Murugan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is workaround i once did try if it works in your case

make a cross tab1 based on gross sales and make a copy of the cross tab1 next to the cross tab 2   and change the parameter of the cross tab as quantity. and maintain both cross tabs 1 and 2(hide row labels of cross tab at the back of cross tab 1)

hope this helps,

Regards,

Sundar

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried pulling Gross sales dimension on 1st row of the crosstab table and then the Months in 2nd row and add Gross sales dimension 3rd row.

Hide 1st row.

Thanks,

Jothi

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Jyoti !

I did not understand the solution, can you explain it more please.