cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ATP a prerequisite for a GATP implementation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing Global ATP for our company.

However the countries we are implementing GATP for do not have ATP activated in R/3.

My question:

1. Do I need to activate ATP in R/3 in order to implement and use GATP in APO?

Appreciate all feedback, thanks in advance for your help on this.

Kind regards

Ray

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

If your company has already decided to use gATP functionality, perhaps they might have already done the required ground work as to why they would want to use gATP. May be, they wanted to improve the order fulfillment with all the nice features that come as part of gATP.

gATP is actually executed in APO box and hence the settings that you make in R/3 plays significant role. For example, if your schedule line category in R/3 system says "No ATP Check", it means that you would always get 100% confirmation in your current system. However, you might need to change it to "Allow ATP Check" to fully take on the gATP functionalities. There is a component called "CIF" which has to be activated for the product / location combinations that belongs to specific sales areas to enable the ATP check to happen in APO box.

In short, your R/3 settings like Schedule line Category, Availability Checking group config decide whether ATP check should happen or not ( if they have been deactivated, post GATP implementation you may need to activate them ) and the CIF integration models decides whether the ATP check should happen in R/3 or APO GATP.

Hope this information helps you.

Babu Kilari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ray

As part of GATP implementation you will have to do certain configuration on ECC side as well. Babu has already given the brief details in his response.

Here I am sharing a link to a blog which will help you. This will give you quick overview on various GATP Capabilities/features. It will provide high level information for any beginners of GATP to understand what all GATP can do.

Link to GATP Wiki page:

APO-GATP General Information - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Babu and Satish, appreciate the knowledge sharing from both of you, it was a great help to me.!