cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCN points when you change customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm going to change from a customer to another and then I'm going to change my user IDs on SCN.

Is it possible to keep my reputation points from the old user ID to the new user ID S-user?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Martina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martina,

nope, that is not possible. Please see the document for more information.

Also this was the wrong space. The support-space would have been the location to create the thread and there you can find other threads asking the same thing.

I already requested that the thread will be moved.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffi,

And is it possible to add my old s-user in the new customer where I'm going to work in order to conserve my scn data and my s-user?

Thank you!!

Best regards,

Martina

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to change your SCN user id ...

I hope your S user id will be changed, just drop a mail to SCN Support from your communication email id...

I hope your S user ID will be changed...

If you created multiple account , then it is not possible to merge the points and badgs etc...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Give your personal mail id in SCN as primary mail id. Then after joining new customer, you can again give your customer mail id as primary id in SCN.

Regards,

Harish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

What about de S-user that I use to connect to SCN?

Is it possible to conserve that S-user or to obtain another user in order to access SCN and conserve my data?

Thanks!!!

Best regards,

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I wrote to SCN Support and they told me the next:

Unfortunately at this time it is not possible to consolidate SCN accounts, link them or transfer points, badges or content from one account to another. Our identity management system is complex and we are working to develop a functionality to consolidate accounts, but since it is complex work it is taking more time than originally expected. I am sorry for the inconvenience this is causing to you. At the moment what you can do is create a new account and start from scratch with no content and no points, and once the functionality to merge accounts is available you will be able to benefit from it.

So it is not possible.

Thanks to all of you.

Best regards,

Martina

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as you see, SAP is consistent in their answer, the same was already said in the FAQ link given by Steffi last month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

I was hoping they had made some progress ​​in their work to develop a functionality to consolidate accounts, the FAQ is on Nov 29, 2011. Not yet.

Best regards,

Martina

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am certain they will update this FAQ and probably create an extra document too once this big milestone is achieved.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The FAQ was created 29 November 2011 but has since been updated several times: like any collaborative document, just check where it says last modified by ##### ##### on [DATE].

The text about the current inability to merge accounts is a recent addition to this FAQ.