cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto generation of contracts on import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our customer is asking if there's a way to create a Master Agreement via csv import, and then have it automatically generate a contract (via the contract generation server) with the metadata in that Master Agreement.  I know a MA can be created via csv import, but I do not know how to have the contract automatically generated.  Does anybody know if this is possible, and how to do it?

Thanks,

Phil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

Did you find a solution for this.

Regards,

Geetika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geetika,

The request for this was withdrawn by our customer, so we never implemented anything.  However, we were thinking about doing was creating the contract document outside of eSourcing using a .NET program to fill in the token values in a Word document.  We would then create a csv file for the MA with the metadata and have a Master Agreement script load the Word document as part of the import.

I hope that helps.

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

In CLM Wave 7 and Wave 9 there is standard functionality available in the system named Contract Data and Document Importer. There are templates available in the system to download for Master and Sub Agreements. Using these templates and populating them with all the appropriate values, you should be able to import both the master agreement meta data and the contract documents.

Contract Data and Document importer is available in the following path in the system:

Set up --> Document Set up --> Agreements --> Contract Data and Document importer.

In the template there are specific columns that are pertinent to the mimicking the Contract Generation. See screen print of the columns below. If these values are populated appropriately, you should be able to import contract documents.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

Thanks for your reply.  I have used the Contract Data and Document importer to import documents that already exist into a MA, either as attachments or Contract docs.  In this case, the documents don't already exist, they want the system to create the contract document automatically.  Will this feature create the document if there isn't one that exists already?

Thanks,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

The solution you are looking for could be attained by scripting. However it might be complex scripting. Where do the Contract Documents exist ? In the Contract Document Template Library ?

Regards,

Parankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parankush,

Yes, the Contract Documents it creates would be from the Contract Document Template Library.  My though is, the automated job would take the MA number (and any other required metadata) that was created by the csv import, and create the Contract document for each MA with a template from the Contract Document Template library.

Phil