cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Client Refresh - SAP_ALL then SAP_CUST

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been tasked to refresh to a single client on our multiple client Quality ECC system from our production client.  Once we have the production data in this single quality client we would like to have the customizing data brought in from our other quality clients (which have all of our customizing data in sync) and layered over this data.

Using the information found here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/99/0a2a887e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

I think what I need to do is do a remote client copy and use SAP_ALL from the production client and then do a local client copy using the SAP_CUST profile using one of the other quality ECC clients as the source.  My goal is to have this updated client in synch with the rest of the quality clients but having production data.  Will this process work for I want or am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Doing a client copy with the SAP_CUST will delete the transactional data in the target system. There is no easy way to do what you are looking for. As standard, I think all you can do is the remote client copy followed by importing any transports that have gone to the other QA clients but not yet to production.

If you have TDMS you can use that to migrate data from your production system to your QA systems.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.  Thats what I was afraid of.  Is there an easy way to get this list of transports that are in quality and not in production?

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The list of transports in the queue for production, in STMS, should be exactly the list you need, unless you've been mistreating the transport system somehow...

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In STMS I was looking through my TP import history and don't see what I was looking for.  Iwas hoping there would be a magic comparison button between a couple different transport queues but it doesn't look like there is.  I was hoping to stay out of the backend SQL tables to get the quality transports that are missing from production, but starting to look like thats the best way to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Assuming that there is no transport deletion from the STMS queues ..

You can login to the PROD System ---> go to the Transport Queue ( STMS_IMPORT ) .

In the RC  column , search for Transports which are in INIT status ( you can filter this out ) .

The transports which come out are the ones which have been moved into QA ( but not into PROD)

Hope you got my point . In this way , we can filter out the Transports which are needed to be reimported back into QAS post client copy.

Thanks

RD

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whats the size of your production database system? There is also option of client export/import.

refer - 489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients and 557132 - CC-TOPIC: Remote client copy