cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with PSS in AC10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once i reset the password via PSS in AC10, I get the reset password via email, which is secured so good.

But once i use that password to login to SAP system which is SSO enabled, it doesn't ask me to change it with a new one. But, while accessing the SAP system without SSO, it asks me to change the password.

So, if i change login/password_change_for_SSO=0 to 1, it would ask to change the password, but this approach might compromise other users who have SSO log-ins.

Can it be restricted in a way: once the user reset password via PSS and has access to system with SSO, such users only should get asked to change with new password and not the other users.

Do, I have to implement any note, or to make some configuration change.

Thanks,

Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still awaiting for your valuable inputs on the issue mentioned above.

What do i need to do in order to make the user to change the initial password which is reset with the help of PSS, if the system is SNC/SSO enabled.

Thanks,

Ameet

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ameet,

from my point of view it should work with parameter 1. Parameter 1 means that the password must be changed or deleted. The change screen should only pop up when the password is initial or expired.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your response but, I am not sure if I can understand your suggestions. What parameter needs to be changed in order to change the initial password to the system where SNC/SSO is enabled?

Whenever the password is getting set/reset by PSS service, then it would be the initial only, so yes, the system should ask to change it with the new one, which is not happening in my case. It simply takes that intital password to log-in. So, again I need to change the password with SU01, but if this has to happen this way then what is the use of having PSS. May be, I am missing something over here so, kindly help.

Thanks,

Ameet