cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock historical data from changing in Data view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi APO Experts,

I am new to the advance macro world in APO and need Expert guidance with the following scenario:

There is historical data in our key figures that we need to make sure the values do not change when we run the process chains. I would think that this could be achieve by changing the data view and removing the input date tick mark but it did not work.

I have created a macro to see if this will work and would appreciate if the logic and functionality is correct

New Step user defined periods to be from P2/2011 to P12/2012 with processing direction in the past

ROW: KF attribute:

ROW_INPUT( 0 ).

I would assume that this would make those periods non-editable. Note that I need to be able to do this as well when running a process chain thus I will greatly appreciate the advice and guidance.

THanks,

Natanael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nataneal,

If you want to restrict the key figure data., the function should definitely help. I guess your macro looks good. Did you test it already ? May I know why the processing direction was chosen as past ? I guess if your requirement is to make the past buckets ( any bucket which is < today's date bucket ) you can do this setting in /SAPAPO/SDP8B whether input is allowed or not. It is applicable for all the keyfigures. But, if it is only about one keyfigure macro anyhow works always.

ROW_INPUT ( 0) makes the row as read-only.

You can refer to all the macro functions here.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/1d/310eb3d0ee11d4b2e40050da385632/content.htm

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

I did tested the same and no successful result.

Subash,

You brought an interesting point since we are loading data via TSCUBE. So I wont to prevent no data to be updated on the past either via process chain, which has a TSCUBE variant and interactively either via macro or MSDP_ADMIN KF update.

Would Fixing the CELL do it?

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nataneal,

Tell me why you don't want the data to change in the past when using TSCUBE. Normally history is loaded using TSCUBE. TSCUBE will overwrite which is what is supposed to happen. For example, if you are having monthly buckets and loading sales data, the system will overwrite. Would your sales data change for the past???? If so by how much? This may happen in case there are returns.

FIXING is not as simple as the documentaton says and probably won't solve your issue too.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

The situation is as follows:

Business has historical data that they do not want to be changed since they are used to calculate the statistical forecast. For example:

Our stat forecast is based on Key  Figure 1.

KF1 has 18 FP with of historical orders.

We load data on a monthly basis into the DP planning book and it is always current period rolling fwd.

The TSCUBE variant is also set to be current until end of horizon. Still, previous fiscal periods are getting changed and in most scenarios the original qtys are getting decreased.

The scope is to be able to lock or force both forground and background not to change the concent on the cells for past 18 FP.

hope this  clarifies.

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nataneal,

You are sort of contradicting yourself here. You sayyou 'load data on a monthly basis and it is always current period rolling forward'. This is almost a standard process for most.Then please tell me why data in the past is changing? Are you doing any calculations in the past for this key figure?

Thanks,

Subash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another approach would be to

1. copy the key figure data to another key figure which you can hide in the planning book data view

2. Load the new data as you suggest

3. Write a macro to work over the historical periods and copy the data from the hidden key figure to the visible key figure - thus restoring the data you had in the first place

4. Optionally a further step in the macro in 3 to set the attributes of the historical cells to no input allowed

5. Wrap up all steps in a process chain to automate

This gives you flexibility although if you already have data loaded in the planning area, adding a further key figure may mean you lose the existing data which will  have to be reloaded

Hope this helps

Laurence

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nataneal,

1. Using an option of "Historical Data Not Changeable" for keyfigure from Planning area using MSDP_ADMIN. Please see the screenshot given by Subash.

2. Writting a quick macro having ROW_INPUT function or other functions which I have mentioned. Please see below screenshots. Also in the macro you can specify number interations and date range by adding a 'step' element.

3. Making your History Key figure 'Output only' using /SAPAPO/SDP8B. Once this is done, the key figure will not be open for input in that PBook/DView. Please refer below screenshot.

4. Maintaining date range  From and To date (in TSCOPY or TCUBE) in such way that you load the data only for required periods in the past.

All above options helps in making sure we do not unintentionally input or load data in the particular buckets of key figure.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nataneal,

If your only objective is not to allow changes to KFs in the past, try checking 'Cannot Change Past' bos in MSDP_ADMIN.

This will stop end users from chaning the KF values, whcih can be achived thru' a macro. Also note that whatever functionality you use, TSCUBE will overwrite values.

Hope this helps,

Subash