Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Alert subject and body in PI7.31 - help needed

kavitha_rambabu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am on PI 7.31. I followed Michal's - http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/05/05/michals-pi-tips-component-based-m... and created Alert rule and custom consumer using CBMA using API.

Now my doubt is how should i retrieve alerts using AlertRetrieveAPI? is that the way i should develop another file - webservice - Mail interface and send the response from service to construct the content using mail adapter?

(I have already referred the blogs and threads for the solution. http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/10/23/customize-e-mail-body-and-subject...). I would like to know if alert customization can be done without development.

Hoping to get solution.

Thanks,

Kavitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you find any other solution. Appreciate if you can share it so that it helps others

kavitha_rambabu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Sorry for the delayed response. I tried creating a sync soap interface to send RetrieveSingleAlertsRequest and mapping the SOAP response to Mail structure.

The interface works fine when there are alerts stored in the alert engine.

The problem is when the interface runs, and there are no alerts to be retrieved from alert engine, i still get a blank SOAP response from RetrieveSingleAlertsResponse and this is sending a blank alert mail to the receiver.

I dont want to send an alert mail for blank response from the webservice. How can i achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Instead of using Request/Response bean at the sender file adapter level, put these modules in SOAP receiver adapter. This will make ur call async and then in the second ICO u can check if empty response is coming or not and depending upon that route ur call? - Give a try, I hope it will work.

Sometime back there was a similar discussion so search SDN...

Edited - BTW, just to add, if nothing works then create ur own custom job (best way IMO) and handle response as u want.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

kavitha_rambabu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit. I will try this.

I have another problem in the alert interface. though i configured alert rule to capture Adapter and Integration Engine errors, i see the alerts created only for AE error and not for IE failures for my consumer. Do i have to do any other configuration to create alert for IE errors for a specific consumer?

Thanks,

Kavitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest you to raise a separate thread for ur new question, since ur original query has been answered and now u have to try the same so please don't club multiple questions in one thread.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha - If your requirement is just to read the alerts form the newly created consumer, then just create another job for the new consumer. You'll receive the alerts.

However if you want to change the alert content such as header,body and some details then you need to do some development.

There is another interesting blog on the same topic by Amit Srivastava

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/11/18/customized-alerts-in-sap-po

Please refer.