cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up connection for BI Mobile to SAP Lumira Cloud?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've established my Lumira document in SAP's cloud, and I want to access it on my mobile device.  I downloaded the most recent SAP BusinessObjects Mobile application onto my iPhone this week, but do not see an auto-connection to SAP's cloud.  The options do not match the other postings I've seen for establishing a Lumira connection.

There is no "Connection Type" option for SAP Lumira.  There is only:

• SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform - (BI Platform 4.0 and Enterprise XI 3.1)
  • SMP BOE Connection (Legacy) - (Use this if you use IMO communication to connect through SAP Mobile Platform)
  • SMP BOE Connection - (Use this if you use REST-based communication to connect through SAP Mobile Platform)
  • BI OnDemand - (Use this if you are an BI OnDemand user)

No Lumira option...  If I select the first option, SAP BO BI Platform, it requires Server URL (https://cloud.saplumira.com should work), but also CMS Name and Authentication type.  This connection type seems to be for standard BO platform, not for Lumira.

Anyone know how to set up the Lumira Cloud Connection to SAP directly on the latest BI Mobile app?

Thanks,

Erica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To clarify, it does not work on the iPhone, to my knowledge

Only on the iPad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, Tammy.  Yes, I did download the correct app from iTunes, v. 5.1.6, released Jan 7, 2014.  However I am trying to use it on my iPhone right now (iOS 7.0.4).  I will try my iPad tonight and see if the Lumira connection is then available. 

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Erica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erica,

Tammy is correct. The mobile application for MOBI does not support the the Lumira Cloud Server on iPhone at this time. There may have been some confusion in the write up in the iTunes store in the description of the last update for the iHone MOBI app where it appeared that it was going to support Lunira Cloud access. I have confirmed that this is not the case and Lumira Cloud Sever connections are not available on the iPhone. You should have no issues connecting to the Lumira Cloud server through MOBI using your iPad. If you do, give us a call at 1-855-5-LUMIRA (!-855-588-6472), and we'll do what we can to assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Tammy and Chris.  The Lumira connection is available on the iPad, and connection to Cloud was successful.

Thank you both for your help!

Kind Regards,

Erica

former_member193430
Participant
0 Kudos

any idea when it will be available on the iphone.

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you not just connect via Web browser on the phone?  That's what I do for Android.

the cloud web site appears to look for the SAP cert (for SAP user ID SSO) on Android..  I just hit cancel when it pops up..and log in manually to the website.

Works pretty well on Chrome on the phone/tablet. 

james

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erica,

It works for me - to clarify, did you download Mobile BI 5.1 for iOS from iTunes as mentioned in this note? http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1958296

Because in the connections you should see Lumira Cloud