Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dangerous Goods Information (EHS) in GTS

former_member284694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on EHS integration with GTS and understood that GTS provides the Compliance check functionality for the dangerous goods / Hazardous Substance Management relevant to Quantity and country validation which is controlled in Compliance Management (Import and Export).

Along with above information, I understood that the table /SAPSLL/LEGCUS holds 2 fields DANGO (Dangerous goods) and DANNO (Dang. Goods No.) which stores the information related to Dangerous goods.

1. Could you please help me that how the DANGO and DANNO fields are filled / mapped with ECC / EHS? Where can I find those fields in Customs Declaration?
  2. If the EHS is implemented, does the GTS checks related to Hazardous substance checks required?
  3. The EHS Hazardous substance check functionality is used in Compliance management. So is it used in Customs or any other sub module in GTS? as I am not able to find any relevant configuration in Customs management?
  4. What outputs / reports are used for Dangerous goods (EHS) in GTS system?

Awaiting your earliest reply.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There is no tight integration for the DG data, at least in the Customs Management module of GTS.

SAP Note 1365020 provides example coding for filling the Export Declaration item with DG data.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

former_member284694
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

As per note 1365020, the dangerous goods indicator and dangerous goods number indicator are not transferred to GTS system and it requires additional development in BADI and in method.

Could you please tell me what Dangerous goods relevant data GTS system stores (table name and fields) and what additional features GTS provides other than Compliance Management checks?

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You already quoted the table & fieldnames above.  Those are used in the EU Export Declarations.  Since the "Export Control System" initiative in 2009 for indirect exports, those data must be provided, if relevant, for all goods moving across Europe for exportation.

Those fields may be maintained manually in the Export Declaration, but are more conveniently populated automatically from the ERP feeder system, if the data already exist there.

I hope that is helpful for you.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

"I am working on EHS integration with GTS and understood that GTS provides the Compliance check functionality for the dangerous goods / Hazardous Substance Management relevant to Quantity and country validation which is controlled in Compliance Management (Import and Export)."

This is a not correct understanding about SAP GTS and the intention of SAP GTS. The "correct" understanding is:

a.) any compliance activity for Dangerous Goods is done in >99% of the cases using SAP EHS

b.) any compliace activity in the context of "hazordous substance management" is as well done > 99% of the cases using EHS and not GTS

c.) regarding quantity and similar topics. Here EHS SVT comes in place

What are you loking for to achieve by using SAP GTS here?

C.B.

PS: yes there an "EHS Check" in GTS implemented (available); but this check is in most cases used in "different" context

PPS: coming back to your topics:

1. could you please help me that how the DANGO and DANNO fields are filled / mapped with ECC / EHS? Where can I find those fields in Customs Declaration? => as mentioned. DG topics are done SAP ERP and not SAP GTS
  2. If the EHS is implemented, does the GTS checks related to Hazardous substance checks required? => not clear what you are looking for here
  3. The EHS Hazardous substance check functionality is used in Compliance management. So is it used in Customs or any other sub module in GTS? as I am not able to find any relevant configuration in Customs management? => to my knowlegde: only used in "Compliance management" part of GTS
  4. What outputs / reports are used for Dangerous goods (EHS) in GTS system? => NONE any DG topic is done in SAP ERP
former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi CB,

You are quite correct, but DG information has to be provided when moving goods across borders.  In that regard, GTS assists by including the DG information in the Customs Declaration.

Regards,

Dave

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dave

I have just chekced depper OSS note, This seems to be a "cusrtomer specific" option and nohting in "standard"

So from my poit of view. SAP provides a frameworkto transfer this data as part of the generel SAP ERP / SAP GTS transfer;

Is there a legal need to print DG information on customs documents? I was not aweare of that; do you know if this options is "extended" on daily basois by customers to print more (the two fields are providing only limited DG information)

C.B.