Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove repository from IDM

kenny_vandemoortele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We want to remove a SAP system from IDM (7.2sp7). In our case this sap system is called "TI3".

We allready removed the assignments of privileges from all users and roles. So no users exist anymore in our system TI3.

What is the next step?

- Delete the repository like this?:

Or if we do not want to have any privileges in our IDM system, do we first need to delete all priviliges from "TI3" first in our IDM system before deleting the repository? If so, how do we do that?

Thanks bigtime!

Cheers,

Kenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am quite new with IDM, started 1 week ago and am facing the same issues.

We have a few systems that were deleted from the SAP logon pad without being removed from IDM yet. What is giving of course a lot of errors.

So can you please confirm if I understand well the tasks to remove these properly:

1. Search in the tables mc_jobs and idmv_link_ext and remove all the entries that contain references to these systems.
  2. Delete the repository from the three view in IC as mentioned above ?

Can you also please confirm if the repository n° is the repository ID/NAME in the general tab of the repository as shown here under?

Thanks a lot,

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent

Yes, the ID is 222, the name is NT5100.

You only need to remove tasks / jobs if they are specific to the repository.  If they are shared, the repository will just disappear from the assigned list and the rest will remain.

You can delete the repository as above.

I make it a policy to do a bit more though:

1) Find all users that only exist in that repository and (if required) deactivate / delete them

2) Set the provisioning / modify / deprovisioning jobs on the repository to NONE

2) Delete all privileges from the ID store (after disabling the deprovisioning job - you don't need it to try and remove the users from the back end system which is no long in play).

3) Delete all attributes that are specific to that repository from the IDStore - you don't need them cluttering things up and it also automatically removes them from the UI (which you also don't want cluttered).

4) Delete the repository...

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply.

I'll give it a try with the "policy" manner you suggest.

Keep you posted.

Laurent

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kenny,

As Steffi says, there are some database linkages that are still there.  You'll want to check your roles, privileges, tasks, and jobs to make sure there are no references.  Checking the mc_jobs table  and idmv_link_ext viewsa would be a place to start. Just remember, usually the repository value will be a number. Check your repository definition to find out its number.

Matt

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kenny,

since the repository-name is part of the name of the privileges, it's easy to build a small job that finds all of them (in the source-tab) and deletes them (in the destination-tab).

I would definitly delete the privileges first and then delete the repository. And yes, you can do that via "Delete" from the dropdown menu your screen is showing.

If the repository is somewhere still connected, it should show you in a popup, when you try deleting the repository.

Regards,

Steffi.