Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Log Entry: Problem during discovery: Discovery failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the following error in the PO log:

Problem during discovery: Discovery failed with unexpected error.

and

Application or service sap.com/tc~iv~core tried to access destination IV_SLD_<hostname of our Solution Manager_50000> of type HTTP which does not currently

exist in the destination service. You can create destinations in the NWA under Configuration Management-Infrastructure-Destinations.

This destination is definitely not existing in our Java Destinations. I am wondering where this information is coming from, since our SLD connection is not to Solution Manager but to our PO Production system SLD. However we recently changed the conncetion from SolMan to the PO Production. Did we miss to change some other parameter for the Discovery job (which has to do with the Integration Visibility as far as I know).

Thanks for your help and Best Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is finally solved.

The new PI feature "Integration Visibility" used to be configured to be connected to the Solution Manager SLD (used to be the master SLD). However we have changed the Master SLD from SolMan to PI Production and obviously someone has removed the HTTP Destination to the SolMan named IV_SLD_<hostname of our Solution Manager_50000>

I have added the destination again via NWA and finally had a correct entry in the Integration Visibility setup under Monitoring Hone -> Configuration and Administration -> Common -> Integration Visibility

Since Solution Manager is not the Master SLD anymore I also added the PI Production SLD URL in the Integration Visibility setup by removing the SolMan SLD first and by creation a new SLD connection via button "Add". Now automatically a new destination has been created in NWA named

IV_SLD_<hostname of PI Production system>_50000

After clicking on "Check Connections" status is green finally and all error log entries are gone.

Best Regards

Harald

Answers (0)