Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Background screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to webdynpro abap.

I  created webdynpro application -portal development.

How to hide background screen when pop up message displayed and i want call initial screen when i click ok button in pop up window.

if lt_msg is not INITIAL.

lo_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

lo_window = lo_window_manager->create_popup_to_confirm(

text                 = lt_msg

button_kind          = if_wd_window=>co_buttons_ok

message_type         = if_wd_window=>co_msg_type_error

close_button         = abap_true

default_button       = if_wd_window=>co_button_ok

window_title         = 'Error List'

window_width         = '35%'

window_height        = '20%' ).

lo_window->open( ).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mano,

Hiding the background is not possible when using a pop-up, instead you can trigger a blank iview or view and from there you can trigger a pop-up. That would be a round about way.

ie, from your EMPLOYEE ASSETS screen -> Blank screen -> Pop-up

further you can use the OK action from pop-up to to trigger or call your main page

Thanks,

Santhosh Yadav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

1) Requirement 1:- "Hide background screen when pop up message displayed"

POP Up window is a type of MODAL Window ( child window ) and it can't be launched in full screen mode.

You can give parameters WINDOW_WIDTH = '100%' and WINDOW_HEIGHT = '100%' to maximize its width and heigth but still it will be contained inside parent window.

2) Requirement 2:-"call initial screen when i click ok button in pop up window."

Capture the window ref in a attribute ,Register a event for close button and on clicking we will close those the window using the attribute.

For that you have to follow the below steps,

1)Create a public attribute(name:gr_window) of ref type IF_WD_WINDOW in component controller.

2)Instead of lo_window in your code ,capture the window ref in wd_comp_controller->gr_window .

lo_api_component = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

lo_window_manager = lo_api_component->get_window_manager( ).

wd_comp_controller->gr_window = lo_window_manager->create_window(

window_name = 'Z_WORKFLOW'

title = 'Workflow'

message_display_mode = if_wd_window=>co_msg_display_mode_selected

message_type = if_wd_window=>co_msg_type_none

).

3)In the init method of the popup view ,for the close button you have to register the event.So that on clicking the close button the event will be triggered and you can close the button.

wd_comp_controller->gr_window->subscribe_to_button_event( button = if_wd_window=>co_button_close action_name = 'OK_BUTTON_ACTION').

4)create a action in the popup view of name OK_BUTTON_ACTION and write the below code

wd_comp_controller->gr_window->close( )

Thanks,

Patralekha