cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Center: QC not able to execute QTP scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to run QTP scripts from QC .

Whenever I run any test script from TestLab (in QC), the Automatic Runner dialog box just shows the status as "Running" and nothing happens. Ultimately, the execution status in the Automatic Runner dialog box becomes "Failed" and no other error message comes.

The connectivity between QC-QTP is set up and also the setting in QTP; "Allow other HP products to run QTP" is set to yes.

Also, the scripts stored as Business Process Tests on the QC server are accessible through QTP and I can run them, indicating that the connectivity is fine but still QC is not able to execute QTP scripts.

Can anyone please help me with this ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Himanshu,

This problem might because of the reason that the QTP gets timed out while getting loaded/ launched through QC and hence the Automatic Runner dialog box becomes "Failed".

Follow the below mentioned steps and check if it solves your problem:

1) Right Click on My Computer->Properties

2) Click on “Advanced System Settings”

3) Click on “Environment Variables”

4) Check the Entry for variable “LSHOST”

5) Select the variable and click on “Edit…” and change the name of the Variable from LSHOST to LSFORCEHOST

It will Force start QTP while executing your scripts via QC.

I hope it helps!!

Best regards,

Sanju Walia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

Your solution works . I am able to execute QTP scripts through QC now.

Thank you very much for the help !!

Regards,

HImanshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

I am trying to run the QTP scripts through ALM.

Whenever I run any test script from TestLab (ALM), the Automatic Runner dialog box just shows the status as "Unable to connect Testing tools".

The connectivity between ALM-QTP is set up and also the setting in QTP; "Allow other HP products to run QTP" is set to yes.

If i am not getting any error messages then the, below issues we are facing

No of Issues while executimg the scripts.

1. For scripts loading its taking too much of time.

2. In the QTP scripts, i am getting the error message "Unable to connect Testing tools".

Eg: If 1st script execute successfully then 2nd script while loading the script, we are getting the above error message . then 3rd script will work fine.

3. Script performance also is not so great.

Can you please help in this case.

Thanks,

Arun Kumar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The issue you are facing might be due to connectivity performance issue. You can try the solution which Sanju has mentioned in the above post in this regard. It might help solve your problem.

Thanks,

Himanshu