cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Guys,i am planning to improve demand Planning..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions to improve and which areas in demand planning we can improve.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga,

???  I think you are asking the wrong people.  Shouldn't you be asking your client or your employer how they want Demand Planning to be improved?

For me, I would like to see DP contain a remedy for my advancing baldness.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

my concern is how can we say our DP is perfect?

i need improvement areas to optimize the system and user friendly...

one example is removing dead cvc's(whic des not hv sales history aswell as final forecast from last and future 2years)

Thks,

Naaga.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naga,

As we do not have access to your DP Solution. So it will not be feasible to suggest the improvement areas in DP solution being used by you.

I guess you should check with your client, what are their pain-points and challenges using the DP solution. Based on this you can analyze to see if it design gaps/product errors/application config issue/new requirement etc and find out whether the requirement is feasible/not feasible etc,  and then come with a plan to improve the demand planning solution. This will give you an answer which you are looking for. I think even client will appreciate such proactive initiative to improve their DP solution.

Also I suggest please refer below thread, I have mentioned common issues and enhancements for APO-DP solution. May be this will answer you to some extent.

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga... automating the cvc creation and realignment / if you are a global implementation -giving arning to users currently in edit mode in planning book 10 mins and 5 mins before process chains start ,

Also there is lot of improvement to be done in terms of forecasting - what are your forecast accuracy numbers... if you are using auto 56 model - how comfortable you are with the results

did you configure alerts already ...

Satish already pointed to a similar thread i opened --he had pretty good points

please let us know the ideas you already have so that this will be useful for future scners

DB49 ...i am sure you have pretty good ideas ..let us know if time permits

Anybody else - if you have something else in your current client location which you feel has made planners life easier - just drop a single line