SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Course Registration UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a student with active registrations in two programs of study (SC1, SC2).

I create a module booking with PIQ_MBSS_OIF for SC1 and a module booking for SC2.

I have the following questions:

1. In my registered courses i can see both module bookings regardeless the program of study i have chosen in the first step. Is there a way to see the module bookings per program of study?

2. The program usage says SC2 in both module bookings. In the backend the context has been updated correctly (student academic work) but in the web dynpro the display is wrong. It always shows the program usage of the last program of study (display problem)

3. In the search functionality is there a way to display modules from the program of study i have chosen in the first step? Currently i can see all modules offered from all program of studies. The requirement is that the student can see the modules from the program of study he is registered. If he is registered in more than one, he has to see the modules offered from the program of study he has chosen in the first step of PIQ_MBSS_OIF.

Our installation is EHP7.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

this is what we finally did. Filter by program of study and module group.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

dear Katerina;

1. Check the module booking environment in the IMG and set it to program. PS please note: module bookings are represented as a relationship 506 ST – completes - SM between the student object ST and the module object SM in the data model of Student Lifecycle Management. There is no direct relationship to the study object CS. When modules are booked in the context of programs of study, the identification of the module booking relationship can be stored in infotype 1724  (“Where-Used List” of the study object CS). When modules are booked in the context of program types, the identification of the module booking relationship can be stored in infotype 1725 (“Where-Used List” of the student object ST).

2. Not aware of any display/refresh issue. Please test again and if necessary raise an OSS-message on IS-HER-CM.

3. Please check the following Badi's, they can fulfill your requirements:Student Lifecycle Management, Role-Based Web UI, Student Role, Course Registration UI, Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) (e.g: BAdI: Query Filter, BAdI: Filter Academic Periods, BAdI: Filter Values of Search Criteria, BAdI: Restrict Search Criteria in Course Registration Application).

Hope this helps.

Rob

0 Kudos

Dear Rob,

1. The settings were already SC in the module booking environment but the problem still exists. Infotypes 1724 and 1725 were updated with the correct CS context so I will raise an OSS Message.

I have also tested the following:

Student with active registrations in SC1 and SC2. Module booking in SC1 only.

In PIQ_MBSS_OIF under SC2 i see the module booking of SC1 and in the backend in the booking screen (piqst00) i see the module booking regardless the program of study i enter in the header data. I suppose i have to raise an OSS message unless you have any suggestions.

2. i have tested it and I will raise an OSS Message.

Thanks Rob

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Katerina,

I am a bit confused by your answers to understand the exact situation, I must be lost in translation

There are many questions to ask and many config to check before understanding your questions in the right context. E.g. are you using program type progression processes? Is infotype 1738 filled at the module master data? How is the module booking environment setup, etc, etc. At the moment I do not think there is something wrong with your situation...
To avoid any inconsistencies I would like to suggest that you setup two fresh new programs (SC) with the IMG setting module booking environment set to program (SC) instead of program type.
Then also create some new modules (SM) under that new programs. Then create a fresh new student (ST) and make module bookings under each programs and check the situation again in the course registration UI of the student and the SAP GUI. You will see the same module (assuming you are using the same module for both programs?) in the both UI’s in both programs. In the student UI you will see in the details of the module registration the module booking context
(“program of study: program XX). Plus you can see the individual context in the extended student file and via the activity documents.

Make sure you have tested all thoroughly before raising an OSS because I do not think there is an issue here, just other expectations and/or incomplete configuration! The OSS channel
is for program errors in the system

Kind regards

Rob

I039810
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Katerina,

With regards to questions 1 & 2 - please follow the suggestions by Rob.

For Question #3:

In course UI 'search' tab, there is a hyperlink 'Advanced' - once you click here, it will give options to filter the modules further. There you have the first option to filter by Org. unit/Program/Module group.

Please use it for your requirement.

Thanks,

Shalini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

this is what we finally did. Filter by program of study and module group.

Thanks