cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign users to position - SRM Organization Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are on SRM 4.0 and this is regarding organization structure management.

We have a scenario where client creates their organization structure - orgnanization units, positions etc.

When a new person is hired, his SAP user id is created (SU01 ID). Now I need to assign this user to a particular position.

My questions are -

• Is it correct to use USERS_GEN transaction for this purpose?
  • If I use USERS_GEN transaction - create users from existing SU01 users - option, system creates a new position with the user's name. Then I ask the admin from client to assign that user to appropriate position. when this is done, there is still a position left empty -

For example, Admin creates a position called 'Assistant Manager' (no BP or user assigned to this, means an open position). When someone is hired for that position, an SAP user id is created - let the user be myself - Dhananjay Hegde. Then, I use USERS_GEN to integrate this user into organization structure. This creates a new position under the organization structure with name 'Dhananjay Hegde' under which a Business Partner and under that there will be US. Later, Admin right clicks on the open position 'Assistant Manager' and assigns this new user to that position. Now the position created with name 'Dhananjay Hegde' is empty.

I think this is not the correct way. Is it?

Please guide.

Thank you

Dhananjay Hegde

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

USERS_GEN creates a position also. So, you should create a user, bp, cp and s via USERS_GEN and only then rename it.

All manual activities (assignments) can be done via transaction PP01.

This, how the assignment looks (should look) like.

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin

Thank you for your explanation.

But I have this assignment -

This assignment was done when I created user from USERS_GEN --> Create users from existing SU01 users.

Frankly, I have never used PP01, however, 'How to' guides are available for a simple search on Google

What I would like to know is 'Why' - Why BP, Why 'Position', Why CP... etc. could you please help me?

I have done a lot of re'search' on google about these. But could not get what I really wanted to know.

Thank you

Dhananjay Hegde

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are both right. You have shown, what you see in PPOMA, but the real structure is as on my screenshot (all links are saved in the table HRP1001).

You Need CP (central person) as a representation of the Person (P) from HR System in case you use HR Replication. In case of manual maintenance CP is used also, but you do not see it in PPOSA.

Link S->US is from SRM 4.0+ not relevant anymore.

Your maintenance via USERS_GEN is absolute correct, if you do not use synchronization with HR. But USERS_GEN generates Positions (S) also. So, you do not have to create them before.

Regards

Konstantin

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I would like to know is 'Why' - Why BP, Why 'Position', Why CP... etc. could you please help me?

It's simple:

S - for the attributes assignment and assignment to department

BP - for the linkage to purchasing documents (requester, goods recipient)

CP - as representation of Person from HR System (birth date, gender and so on) - there is no BP for the user in HR.

US - SU01 user representation, authorizations, roles, etc.

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why did SAP make it so complex

But, thank you so much for clarifying it!!!

Best Regards

Dhananjay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not quite understand your meaning.

It is OK to create a new user with trx users_gen(option:create users from existing SU01 users).

Then this user will be generated in the chosn organization unit.

If you want to move this user to other organization or group, you may reassign it via trx ppoma_bbp.

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Li

My question, simply to put in one line, was "What is best way to maintain organizaiton structure in SAP SRM?"

I have been using USERS_GEN for assigning users to organization structure but I felt that is not the most correct way of doing it.

What do you think?

Best Regards

Dhananjay Hegde

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhananjay,

You may also replicate organization from HR system. This is just one option, and you can choose any method to create organization according to your business requirement. No best or worst.

Best regards,

Ivy