Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE - unable to create notification

Hello experts!

I'm trying to create notification in SAP ERP via SAP MII. I've searched a lot about this in SCN and other resources. I've figured out that I need to use two BAPIs:

1. BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE - to create notification;

2. BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE - to save notification.

According to my scenario I should pass only notification type, functional location and breakdown flag. So I fill the following BAPI input nodes:

/BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE/INPUT/NOTIF_TYPE = notification type;

/BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE/INPUT/NOTIFHEADER/FUNCT_LOC = functional location;

/BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE/INPUT/NOTIFHEADER/BREAKDOWN = breakdown flag.

After execution BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE returns temporary notification number '%00000000001'. Then I pass this number into BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE (node {/BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE/INPUT/NUMBER).

At this step I am facing a problem: BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE returns error message E IM 258 Object does not exist (Status Management).

I assume, that not all of required parameters in BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE are filled and that's why BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE can not save the message. Is that correct? If so, what are minimal requirements to create message in BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE?

Maybe there is another cause?

Can somebody please help me to solve this problem?

Any reply will be greatly aprreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Vitaliy

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Vitaliy, there is an additional point.

If you are using the JRA connection from MII to ERP then the standard implementation will autocommit the action, which will prevent you to do a double call. You then have to set a special flag in the JRA connection in order to disable the autocommit functionality.

So in order for you scenario to work you should set the flag autocommit to false. This is described in the installation guide for 12.2.

"AutoCommit

You can define the AutoCommit property for the JRA resource from NetWeaver Administrator.

For more information, see SAP Note 1638870."

This actually does not seem to be in the latest release of the documentation, you may create a ticket for that.

Hope it helps,

Arnaud

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question