cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota Arrangements are not respected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have maintained quota arrangements for a DC with two plant locations as 60% and 40%.

But while running the location heuristics,the system is not picking both the plants i.e. the requirements are not splitting to both the plants.

Instead it takes one of the plant and assign the 100% to it.

Could you please help me what could be the possible cause of this behavior.

Thanks In Advance.

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

1)  Please check whether the requirement split was checked while maintaining quota arrangements.  If it is checked, the requirements will get split as we defined.

2)  In material master of APO, in Lot size --- procedure tab, please check whether period type is defined or not.(as no of days, week or month)

Regards

cyrille_woicki
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I have seen that in SAP maintenance system and I could not understand why we force the first source of supply to be 100% in case of quota. Maybe it would be good to open a customer message so that SAP support can investigate this issue or an internal message with component SCM-APO-SNP-HEU.

Best regards,

Cyrille.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

The quota works perfectly in SNP heuristic. Its pretty standard. I guess, there is some master data issue. Make sure the requirement in DC can be met from that particular plant. You can do this in a simple way in the Planning Book. First block the product in the t-lane from the plant (from where the  sourcing is actually happening) to the DC. and then do as suggested by Ruchi earlier.

If its not picking the other plant as a source then I would say you make the lot size procedure 'lot for lot' (to make it simple) and then you check all the settings again-

1. Check the Inbound quota in the DC for the particular product. You have maintained the plant as source location.

2. Check the t-lane from the plant (with issue) to DC  and make sure the product is assigned to the lane and also check that for that particular product, there is no block indicator.

3. Make sure the demand in DC could be met from that plant. Than means you have a transportation duration of 120 hrs from the plant (with issue) to DC, where the demand is only 4 days way in the DC (considering you dont have any GR time).

Please let us know the output.

Thanks,

Satyajit

Message was edited by: Satyajit Patra

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Check whether you maintain allow split in Quota arrangement, if you have not maintained there are chances the entire supply is taken from source which can fulfill early.

BR

Thamizh

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Can you check if entries are made for the product in both the T-Lanes from Plant to DC and they are not locked.

You can try to manually enter a receipt for the Product at DC, if it populates without prompting to select a source of supply, a T-Lane is missing. If it prompts to select a source of supply, you would be able to scroll through tabs and look if quota arrangement is displayed.

Regards