cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Page pertaining to one bodypage appearing in another bodypage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am implementing an Adobe form with the following layout.

1. First page consisting of some header information and an item table

For this, I have created a master page MP1 and a new bodypage BP1, with following specifications -

Subform Content = 'Flowed' (Top to Bottom)

Pagination Place = 'Following previous'; After = 'Continue Filling Parent'

2. Second page consisting of just item table

I have created a new master page MP2 for this and using same bodypage BP1 as used for first page, with following specifications -

Overflow = 'Go To Page 'MP2''

3. Last page showing terms and conditions (include text).

For this, I have created a new master page MP3 and a new bodypage BP3, with following specifications -

Pagination Place = 'On Page 'MP3''; After = 'Continue filling parent'

In the output, the first and second pages are displayed properly.

However, in the background of last page with terms and conditions text, the master page MP2 pertaining to second page is showing by mistake, though I have placed bodypage BP3 pertaining to last page on master page MP3. Please note that I cannot set the maximum occurrence of MP2 to 1, as the second page can repeat multiple times depending on number of items.

Please comment on a possible approach to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check if the pagination tab of T&C text field/text is on the page MP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The text field for the include text will not have any pagination tab.

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sry i missed a sentence there.

Is the text field/text wrapped in subform and check the pagination of that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

I tried that, but did not resolve my issue, the master page still got repeated.

Thereafter, I found a workaround for the issue. For the master page that was getting repeated, I wrapped all the contents in a subform and for the subform wrote java script program to hide the subform based on some conditions.

Thanks,

Indrajit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

1.Check if the page MP3 is not inside page MP2.

2.See if the after --> "Continue filling parent"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,,

MP3 and MP2 are at same level in hierarchy, meaning MP3 is not inside MP2, is that what you asked?

I made After as  "Continue filling parent" for body page BP2 for terms and conditions, however this does not solve the problem.

Thanks,

Indrajit

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Body page 2 is assigned to MP3.Check in the pagination tab what is given for Place field -->Is it on page MP3?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

Yes, place is 'On Page MP3' and after is 'Go to Content area C3', where C3 is a content area in MP3.

Thanks,

Indrajit

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

I think you don't need to create a Second Master Page MP2 to achieve this functionality.

We have done a similar object at a client place where they need a PO in Adobe form.

in the First Master Page (Page 1; provided by system itself ) in that master page we have defined header details & item details in the Design View tab, wherelse certain header field that need to be repeated in every page where put in Master page Tab so that they will get repeated & then followed by Details table in Design view section.

However for Terms & Condition we had designed a seperate Master Page.

Thanks & Regards

Priyesh Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priyesh,

Thanks for your response.

The item table starts at different positions in first and second pages, hence I need second master page MP2.

Anyways, this does not solve the actual problem. I have 2 bodypages here, BP1 for items and BP2 for terms and conditions. BP2 will display only when certain conditions are satisfied. BP1 is assigned to a master page MP1 (overflow to MP2) and BP2 is assigned  to master page MP3. When BP2 is displayed, stating terms and conditions, in the background the master page MP2 is showing, though BP2 is assigned to MP3. I have restricted maximum occurence of MP1 as 1. Now, as per your suggestions, if I do not have MP2, I cannot set max occurrence of MP1 as 1, then MP1 will show in the background of BP2 and the issue will still remain.

Thanks,

Indrajit

former_member184155
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you share the output in a PDF file.

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Indra,

I could not get your requirement clearly.If the following is the scenerio,please proceed in the below way.

If the terms and conditions page is printing on the page 2 rather than page 3,first check the where the text is placed.

If its on design page,please see that the relative text field/text is wrapped on the subform and the corresponding suform is paginated on to the Mp3.

Please let me know if this is not your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for your response.

The terms and conditions are printing correctly in the 3rd page only.

However, in the background of the terms and conditions (pg 3), the master page pertaining to page 2 (MP2) is showing, though I have assigned the bodypage pertaining to terms and conditions to master page 3 (MP3).

Thanks,

Indrajit