cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Point Remaining Blank at SO Line Item Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At the time of Sales order creation, We are calling third party legacy system to determin plant and inventory. A Custom Program calls the third party system with help of user exit MV45AFZZ.

But in some cases the Plant and Inventory gets updated but the shipping point is left blank.

I have checked from the functional side all the parameters for Shipping Point and Plant Determination, all the config is in place but still the shipping point field is left blank at line item level.

So I would like to know if we can check whether shipping point field does not remain blank in Sales Order.

Warm Regards,

Onkar Khedekar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Onkar,

Please check this thread, may this FM can be used to call the Shipping point determination again..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/850449

BR
Srrimaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Srimanna, you above thread helped me to redetermine the shipping point.

The Custom Program is now running fine, thanks for your valuable help

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Onkar:

I agree with Srrimaan, I suspect the sequence/timing is causing the issue. since you are using userexit why not nail the shipping point after you have fetched plant into the SO. you could use table TVSTZ to be consistent with your standard config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lee, I have implemented the tread given by Srimanna, It was very helpful!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Onkar,

Either you hav to check config for shipping pt determination in OVL2

OR  check for you material is extended for that particular plant for what you want to do the order.

Regards

YR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

As I have said in original post tht there is no problem with Configuration. Shipping Point Determination is perfectly fine.

We are using here a Z Developed Process not a standard Process:

Sales Order Created & Saved -> Third Party Legacy System is called-> Inventory is updated in the system, Plant and Fwd Agent is updated in SO.

There are Physical and Service Materials in SO. Delivery of both materials is created. Service Materials Delivery is only for Confirmation of Service.

Now when the Third Party Interface is called the Plant and Shp Pt is normally updated in SO.

But in few cases for Service Materials Plant is updated and Shp Point field is left blank. Shipping Point is not recomended to be manually inserted everytime. Client requirement is for automatic population of shp point in SO.

i am unable to understand why this is happening.

Warm Regards,

Onkar Khedekar

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just to identify the issue, could you manually input the shipping point and check if any error occurs ?

please put the error screenshot if possible

regards,

santosh

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me also chime in here.

Might be because the specific combination of may not exist. You could just maintain some default Plant and Shipping Point Combination.

That way if no particular combination of

1. Plant, Shipping Condition and Loading Group
  2. Plant, Shipping Condition

exists then the proposal is simply based on the Plant.

Thanks.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check OVL2 configuration for shipping point determination ?

Try to enter Shipping point in the blank field manually, then system will throw error if any. Please capture the screenshot of the error for further analysis

regards,

santosh