cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spnego for sso for NWBC for HTML. Is client software required?

former_member197700
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We bought the SAP Netweaver Single Sign-On license so we can perform single sign on in NWBC for HTML.  Per the NW SSO implementation guide, I put the login library on the ABAP server, set the appropriate parameters, and am configuring transaction spnego in the ABAP system.  What steps do I follow once that is done so that users won't have to enter a password in NWBC for HTML?  Is the SecureLogin client or SecureLogin Server required for this scenario?  Since spnego is available for ABAP, can I assume it is like spnego for Java where the functionality provided by the Internet Explorer client is enough and I don't need any other software?

Warm regards, CM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Core question is, who requests the service ticket from KDC. Is this native windows functionality as known from Portal / Browser or is the SLC required for this? I assume only on the backend the SPNEGO library is required on the SAP WebAS (ICM) and the client works w/o any SAP NW SSO components installed. will check and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmed!

You don't need to have the SLC installed. You just should be able to open your SICF applications within a browser and have SSO via SPNEGO. Once this is done you will also have SSO with NWBC.

best regards,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I configured the SPNEGO and for gui the sso works perfect. It does not work in nwbc...

Any help is welcome

Regards,

Claudio

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For SAP GUI, SNC is used, not SPNEGO. SPNEGO is used for HTTP Authentication only.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Correct - you do not need any special software to be installed on the client side to use SPNego.
However, if you have Secure Login Client (SLC) installed, you could use the ActiveX control it provides (see note 1943266) to validate your AD configuration (as administrator) within ABAP, see note 2079851 respectively note 2010613.

In case you decide to use "SAP Single Sign-On" also for SNC (to enable SSO for SAPGUI), kindly notice that we've recently provided a "SNC (and SPNego) configuration wizard" (note 2015966).

Best regards,

Wolfgang

frane_milicevic
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Morris,

please hava a look to these videos http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40178

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Frane