Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transport order in RBATP

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your expertise in the below scenario:

I have need to create a scenario wherein the order is fulfilled via the STO if the stock is not there at the original plant via Location substitution.

Steps:

Two locations: DC1 and Location1

Product -PA1

Stock at L1 is 0

Stock at DC1 is 100

Order created for 100 qty at L1

I have set up the rule based location substitution wherein if there is no stock at L1 go to DC1

So now I want the system to do a stock transfer to L1 from DC1.

Once its done then the location remains the same as L1 and its not changed due the location substitution.

Couple of questions.

Based on the above scenario wherein I am not actually substituting the plant, Can I really call it as a Location substitution.

Secondly, how can I configure the above scenario?

Let me know if you need any more info to help.

Thanks

Karan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dvd_turcotte
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This is a very good topic. Do you know how many levels we can go down with this?

See attachment.

Thanks

David

atp-scenario.png

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

This can be simply met with maintaining location determination activity, and checking stock transfer in that, off-course other settings mentioned by Babu will be required, except settings for consolidation location.

So, this will be creating a PReq from DC1 to L1 and delivery plant in Sales Order will remain as L1 only.

Here you need to make sure of maintaining proper settings for stock transfer in ECC material master and a proper transportation lane between these locations.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ppl,

I did the settings as per the instructions but here are the few issues:

In ref Babu's 7th point - In the submenu "reaction to events", select "Create Fixed Pegging Relationships" for the event Create or Change Dependent/Stock transfer requirement.--I am not able to select the "create fixed pegging relationships as its greyed out.

Also I am cifed all the related master data viz materials etc but there are no T lanes getting created. Not sure where is the problem.

Created an STO but not able to do the delivery. Seems there is some config setting missing.

Also there are few minor glitches that I am going through which is hampering my scenario.

Thanks

Karan

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

For an STO scenario it is not required to make PPDS setting of "Create Fixed Pegging Relationships".

Settings mentioned by expert Babu are for consolidation location scenario, so i think you can ignore this.

Second, for delivery you might want to check with somebody who is responsible for MM in your organization, or you need to put specific queries in the post.

And what minor glitches you are talking about, specifying them would make it easy for others.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Appreciate your quick response.

If the above setting is not required then I would not consider that.

I have been working on those glitches,so thought of not putting here specifically. If I am not able to resolve it by myself then I would post it here.

Thanks

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh ,

"Create Fixed Pegging Relationships" is relevant for "Recreate receipt Element " settings present in check instruction so that if there are any post changes in  orders, new receipt element will get created accordingly.

Regds,

Love Singh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly. My point above correlated with Fixed Pegging is more about any changes in the demand elements. For example, you have a sales document today for 100 PCs In Loc 1 and there was a STR that was proposed from L2 -> L1 due to the location substitution rule and if you change the ordered quantity to 200 PCs, a new STR will be created if you don't set the Fixed Pegging for the order.

So Karan, In short, the "Recreate receipt" elements make you do the PP/DS settings a bit. If the events sub menu is greyed out, please try to press enter after selecting the line and it should be able to allow you to change it. I did it myself and it worked.

Hope this helps

Babu Kilari

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I believe "Create Fixed Pegging Relationships" and "Recreate receipt Element " both are related to CTP or ATP tree conversion after MATP scenario.

What SAP says about it;

The indicator defines whether new receipt elements should be created during a new check within Capable-to-Promise (CTP) processing or a conversion of the ATP tree structure (after a multilevel ATP check).

Please correct me if i am missing something here.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh ,

Actually in case of RBA with Stock transfer , the ATP tree results get saved into ATP tree structure and only if the req date lies withing the PP/DS horizon , this structure gets converted into PP/DS orders ie Purchase Requisitions and STRs . Now "Recreate Receipt Element " works only in case of "MTO" or "MTS with FxdPegging" .

You can find more on SAP help under GATP ->RBA-> Stock Transfer With RBA .

Hope it helps .

Regds,

Love Singh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Love,

It really helped, thanks for making me check SAP Help for this.

It indicates, how important it is to revise our concepts time to time

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Love / Babu,

I have one scenario, would appreciate your views on that.

I have created a sales order for 500 quantity at DC1, and with RBA with stock transfer it has created a purchase requisition from PL1 to DC1, which is then used as a receipt to confirm sales order at DC1.

Now after some time sales order quantity is changed to 400, for any reason whatsoever.

What system is doing is to keep old PREQ of 500 as it is (with fixed pegging settings) and confirming the sales order from that, 100 quantity is not utilized as of now, with thousands of materials and as many customers this figure can go really high.

Is there any way we can tell system to create new Preq of 400 and delete old one, please let me know if any one has encountered similar situation, because keeping old receipts as it is might lead to lots of unwanted Preqs lying in system. I know the old Preq can be utilized, if some other orders comes, but what if order doesn't come.

Please let me know your views.

Rgds

Sourabh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

This is a bug in the standard SAP. You may need to implement some of the notes relevant to this scenario. You may raise an OSS message to get the relevant notes from SAP to fix this. Though I didn't spend much time in finding out the relevant notes, the notes 1536296 and 1526467 are important. I have already opened a thread on this which is still unanswered. You may refer this.

Hope this helps.

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu /Sourabh,

Sorry , but I have to disagree .

In my understanding the re-create receipt element works perfectly fine in case of stock transfer with RBA . For this to work , you must verify in //RRP3 that sales order has created a pegging relationship with the Purchase Requisition created after conversion of ATP tree . If the Fixed Pegging is working fine and there isn't any horizon set in /SAPAPO/MAT1 for recreation , then It should work .

Kindly verify once .

Best Regards ,

Love Singh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Love Singh,

Thank you for the quick reply. In my case, I managed to create pegging relationship correctly, but a new STR was always being proposed by the system. Post some checks, I was recommended to implement the above mentioned notes. I have not got a chance to implement them yet. May be the system in which you're working had those notes already and you were able to see the results as expected at first instant. I will try to do some tests and get back to you. I am sure Sourabh would do the tests as well.

Babu Kilari

P.S:- Hope the original owner of the post finds this conversation as fruitful and gets necessary information that he has been looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You are right . I am working on a  higher release .

Love Singh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah, There you go. I was right

Babu Kilari

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

This is offcourse interesting and getting to learn many news things here. Thanks for this conversation though.

Thanks

Karan

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

It is working fine, key here is not entering any horizon in Rcpt Recreat.Horizn in product master, now with this system is creating new PR every time i am making any change in sales order.

Thanks Love for this.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Babu/Sourabh,

As per the above conversations and for my above scenario should I enter any horizon in Rcpt Recreat.Horizn in product master?

And also I think I dont have to check the consolidation Location. Do let me know so that I can act accordingly.

Thanks

Karan

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

As per the testing which i have done, you should not enter any horizon for Rcpt Recreat.Horizn in product master.

And yes, you don't need to enter consolidation location.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sourabh,

So we been talking about two objects here- STO and STRs. I wanted an STO from my substituted location to the original plant in the order. As I understand STO are the confirmed order and STR are subject to change after the planning run etc. Having said that, what config setting I need to do so that there is a STO created and not STR.

Regards

Karan

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

If I am not wrong, it would be an STR that would get created in this scenario.

Babu Kilari

P.S:- You have opened many threads earlier and none of them had been closed. If the questions were answered, please close the thread so that those practitioners who look for similar information can take the post as reference.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I would agree with Babu on this, output of RBATP with STO will be a Preq only, which is a planning element.

Now you need to convert the same into STO either in ECC or APO, that is your choice;

ECC: T-Code ME59 can be used for automatic background conversion, or you can do it directly from MD04 manually.

APO: RRP7 can be used.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan ,

Babu has already mentioned the needed settings . I would just like to add a few points .

I don't think its  as much as "Consolidation Location " . It can be achieved by simple RBA with Stock Transfer .

Off Course all the settings except maintaining the "consolidation location " will be the same . In location determination activity , check box  "Stock Transfer" should be checked and means of transport should be maintained .

Now for the Fixed Pegging part , make sure that your Sales Order is pegging relevant .

Also maintained PP/DS horizon in /SAPAPO/MAT1 . Any order for  which req date lies outside the PP/DS Horizon , ATP tree structure will not get converted to PP/DS orders automatically .

Hope it helps .

Best Regards ,

Love Singh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

For such scenarios, all you need to do is configure "Consolidation Location in RBA" in your system. Following SAP Help documentation gives you the right set of information for you to handle this.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/85/459941e8b7ae5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Apart from the above mentioned documentation, I have explained the steps in short :-

• You need to create a location substitution activity with a Source of transportation maintained in it ( it is mandatory ).

• You need to have a Location Substitution rule between L1 and DC1 and the rule should have the location determination procedure with the type as "2 - Fan-Shaped Structure (Only Single-Level Branching Allowed)".

• In the Product master, go to the ATP tab and maintain the horizon for "Rcpt Recreat.Horizn".

• In the Product master, go to the Demand tab-> Pegging and Fixed Pegging as 1

• In the Product master, go to PP/DS tab -> PP Plng Procedure as 5.

• Go to SPRO -> Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Supply Chain Planning -> Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) -> Global Settings -> Maintain Global Parameters and Defaults -> Maintain the field Sched. Horizon for ATP Tree Structures with the horizon days.

• Go to SPRO -> Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Supply Chain Planning -> Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PP/DS) -> Global Settings -> Maintain Planning Procedures -> Against the Planning Procedure "5", maintain the ABAP class for CTP process as "/SAPAPO/CL_RRP_FIX" and select "Create Fixed Pegging Relationship" in Fixed Pegging CTP/ATP field and in the submenu "reaction to events", select "Create Fixed Pegging Relationships" for the event Create or Change Dependent/Stock transfer requirement.

• In the check instructions, you need to click on "Re-create Proposals" check box to ensure that any change in the order quantity should reflect the deletion of the old STR and a new STR should get created with the latest ordered quantity in the sales document

Try to create a sales document in R/3 system and see if everything is working as expected.

Please note that, you don't need to use CPS scheduling to achieve this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari