cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Access Request Creation issue been resolved in GRC 10.0 SPs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you find what issues/changes have been done in Support Packs for GRC 10.0?  We started building our new GRC 10.0 system last year with SP 13, looks like it is now up to SP 17.

We ran into the issue with the Access Request Creation screen not launching.  Per SAP Note 1717650 this was resolved by setting the Zoom Level on our Internet Explorer 8 system to 100%.  However this has now caused a problem with our GRC 10.0 system rollout because Management does not like having to have a mandatory IE setting for everyone in the company for just this one system.

I need to find out if this Access Request Creation screen issue has been resolved in later SPs so that the 100% Zoom setting is no longer required, or if this is not an issue with newer version of IE, like IE 10.

Thansks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

trevor_wyatt
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have had several messages on this zoom issue and from what SAP says is microsoft needs to fix the issue and that SAP doesn't plan to.  Current level of AC10.0 is SP13 with SP14 due out within a couple of weeks, but wouldn't expect the zoom issue fixed.  As far as I know 10.1 doesn't have this issue because of different technologies used.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be SAP should provide an option to set the default browser for NWBC. I don't see a possibility to change this.

Regards,

Raghu Boddu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

I don't think this SAP note is applicable to you, since you are already on SP13. Also, as per the note the issue is with IE7. From your post, I see that you are already on IE8. Can you mention the correct version of IE you have? Also, why can't you consider upgrading IE, instead of changing some of the settings.

Further, you can check the Master note for every SP which will have the list of fixes. Below is the master note:

1628976 - Master Note for GRC 10.0 Support Packs

I also recommend you visiting the below note for the NWBC issue:

1753381 - Sometimes NWBC behaves different to a standard browser

Regards,

Raghu Boddu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu -

1.  My copy of SAP Note 1717650 specifically mentions IE 8.0.  Some users are on IE 8.0.6001.18702 and some are on IE 8.0.7601.17514.

2.  We are on SP 13, but we did encounter the problem and changing the Zoom setting did resolve it.  Was this supposed to have been resolved with SP 13?

3.  Is there any documentation that shows a different version of IE will resolve the problem?  We may be upgrading to IE 10.0 later this year.  However I work for a major international company, so I don't get to dictate what version of IE is used by the company.  I have to go with what is set as the company standard, which at this time is IE 8.0.

4.  I checked the Master Note 1628976, but it only goes up to SP12, but out on the SAP website it looks like 10.0 goes up to SP17.  Is there another SAP Note that would have the info for the newer SPs?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bob,

1# I might overlooked at the note. Thanks for updating.

2# The master note for SP13 wasn't release yet and is expected now (since the note no is already created).

3# With my experience working in IE (I was a beta tester for a couple of IE products and am a Microsoft xMVP) I find lot of fixes in the later releases. However there is no documentation available that says this issue is fixed with the latest version of IE browser. But, since the SAP note says about a particular version of IE, it is evident that the other versions doesn't have a problem

4# The note # 1628976 will be updated as and when the master note for a specific SP is released. SAP will add new master note when there are various SAP Notes/corrections released. You will have to wait for SP13 note for now.

Regards,

Raghu Boddu