cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The difference between TDMS3.0 and 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did many TDMS scenarios on TDMS3.0. We do not have TDMS4.0 yet but plan to have it soon.

When previewing TDMS4.0 guides, my feeling is that 4.0 might be quite different. But the guides have only limited  screenshots so

that I cannot tell the exact difference.

Any friends here who have TDMS4.0 experience would compare them using ECC time-reduction or BW time-reduction as examples?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't had the pleasure of using 3.0, but from TDMS10/20 the differences are night and day and majority of the specific extensions are not required for 4.0 as they are baked into the overall product.

Two new additional features are iPad mobility to TDMS along with Process Execution Manager (PEM), PEM will allow for you to not have to hit every single TDMS step and just auto complete them (unless it runs into issues); you can even start a package at the start of a work week and schedule a step in PEM for the weekend and start the start button and it will sit on the data transfers until the specified time.

As far as screenshots, are you just looking to see what 4.0 looks like in general or something specific in the TS scenarios?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy:

For sure that I want to see a step-by-step how-to guide for TDMS4.0.

But I think that is unrealistic -- right?

For example, in TDMS4.0 we start a sub-project (i.e. a copy)  from CNV_MBT_TDMS or from tcode TDMS?

I appreciate if more details or links can be given.

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just see if the below information is of any help :

http://scn.sap.com/people/harmeet.sandhu/blog/2011/11/08/major-enhancements-in-sap-test-data-migrati...

Regards,

Nirmal

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you take a look under the section "Enhanced application navigation & controls" that screenshot is the main page for TDMS 4.0 (adv features/functions can still be used via the GUI).

In 4 you have a Project template section where you setup the project(s) and then you can copy a package from the project template vs CNV_MBT_TDMS; at which point settings like HR data being excluded as an example.

I would also agree the number of screenshots to cover a TDMS run would be a large number; if you want to browse this doco I submitted it has some screenshots using a NW 7.4 ABAP stack -

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sreejith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

Yes you are right in that aspect. TDMS 4.0 is a lot more different from TDMS 3.0. Web UI has been introduced and more enhanced in 4.0. And yes, like you mentioned the transaction code for TDMS is TDMS. Kindly refer to the below document and it could give you some more details on the features along with the screen shots.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50f3f47e-4c16-3110-a6aa-f4f131f01...

Thanks and Regards,

Sreejith Rajashekaran