cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Portal not opening at 8000 portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my development system ess opening at http://dev.mydomain.com:8000/irj/portal but in my production if go with same url i could not open and its giving following error. But if i try with 50000 port its working. But main problem is when some in trying to approve leave from portal:5000 is calling a webdynpro page  from abap at 8000 port. In development its working fine but in production im getting error.

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http:/prd.mydomain.com:8000/irj/portal call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note
  • The termination occurred in system SID with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.
  • The selected virtual host was 0 .

What can I do?

• Please select a valid URL.
  • If it is a valid URL, check whether service /irj/portal is active in transaction SICF.
  • If you do not yet have a user ID, contact your system administrator.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by any chance, do you a reverse proxy in front of the portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reverse proxy or have you chnage the default port of your portal.

Can you please check if any changes related to the below note have been done in your system.

What is the release of the system.

1577357 - How To Change the URL Used to Access the Portal on NetWeaver 7.30

Second thing can you access the below url in you IE.

What happens if you change the post in the above url to 50000.

Thanks

RishI Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi

The error message you got points to SICF service not being active on the SAP ABAP Back end system. 

Please activate the same and then test the same ( right click on it and test ) .. also check if this service is active : /default_host/sap/webcuif

Thanks

RD

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Basically port 8000 is typically ICM port (ABAP) and port 50000 is a Java port (Portal), I am assuming that your are opening ESS in the portal (hence the /irj url) and this is calling webdynpro ABAP via ICM which its calling a service in your backend system which seems to be unavailable on your production environment.

Following that logic check SICF for the service and activate it.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the screenshot it is clear that the application (ess~lea) you are trying to access is a WDJ application and the URL should point to your AS JAVA. Unless you are on a dual stack system, the system landscape is wrong, see the business package configuration documentation for details. The respective system object must point to the AS JAVA where the java components have been deployed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server, but the server could not find what was requested.

Your portal is connecting backend to get the data and the required service is not active or incorrect the it will not work. You need to activate the service from transaction SICF. If you want you can compare the activated services from DEV.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

Compare the services in SMICM transaction for both DEV and PROD system.

Run the transaction SMICM-->Goto-->Services (it will show the HTTP ports)

Check the parameter

icm/server_port_X = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8000,TIMEOUT=3600,PROCTIMEOUT=3600   (where X stands for 0,1,2,3)

Also check the services in SICF that should be active

/default_host/sap/public/icf_info

/default_host/sap/bc/wdvd

/default_host/sap/bc/echo

/default_host/sap/bc/erro

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi