cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Universe Doubt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, i am having a universe called Credit (Core), its linked toanother Universe Merchant,

i.e Mercaht Univere using Credit Universe as a linked one.

what my doubt is, can i use Merchant universe as a core universe to create another universe?

Environemtn: BO 3.1

Thanks

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen, Only one level of universe linking is allowed. The concept of Universe linking is introduced in order to reduce the development efforts and easy maintenance. To knoww more about Universe linking refer here http://www.dwbiconcepts.com/reporting-a-analysis/25-business-objects/78-bo-linked-universe.html Regards Mani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI....

Linked universes are universes that share common components such as parameters, classes, objects, or joins.

When you link two universes, one universe has the role of a core universe, the other a derived universe. When changes are made in the core universe, they are automatically transmitted to the derived universes.

You can use only one level of linking. You cannot create derived universes from a universe which is itself derived.

And Below are the some restrictions linking for the universes

• You cannot link to a universe that uses stored procedures.
  • All classes and objects are unique in both the core universe and the derived universes. If not conflicts will occur.
  • The two universe structures must allow joins to be created between a table in one universe to a table in the other universe. If not, then Cartesian products can result when a query is run with objects from both structures.
  • Only the table schema, classes and objects of the core universe are available in the derived universe. Contexts must be re-detected in the derived universe.
  • Lists of values associated with a core universe are not saved when you export a derived universe with the core universe structures..