cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP on Solaris with Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear  expert,

I will be installing this for the first time SAP on HA environment (clustered) for only abap stack with 2 app servers.

The scs, ers, db and 2 app servers, these should reside on single server each.

please guide me on how to do this. However, I am going through guides but need quick approach to get the clear picture.

Operating System: Solaris 10.2

Database : Oracle 11.2g

SAP : ECC 6.0 (erp)

Thanks for your efforts!

Message was edited by: Laure Cetin Please do not ask for documentation to be sent to you per email, it is against the scn rules of engagement

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI !!

I have basis dump for windows ,do I needed different installation dvd for solaris...if yes where I can get that

--thanks in advance...

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahman,

You may choose the following approach which I had done it many a times

Node 1: DB+ APP1+ERS

Node 2: ASCS+ CI

Node 3: APP2

Node 1 & Node 2 will be configured in HA ( by Unix Team) with failover elements like DB & ASCS.

Node 3 is standalone installation and not part of cluster.

When Node1 fails , Node 2 will have DB+ASCS+CI

When Node2 failes, Node1 will have DB+APP1+ASCS

APP1+CI+APP2 can be configured using SAP logon load balancing to distribute the load.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

When Node2 failes, Node1 will have DB+APP1+ASCS + CI. I mean to say CI should be included.

Please throw some light on this

Thanks

S.Basis

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained earlier.

When Node1 fails , Node 2 will have DB+ASCS+CI

When Node2 failes, Node1 will have DB+APP1+ASCS

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Presently, Node2 contains ASCS+ CI, If node2 fails then where will CI go?

Thanks

Sumit

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

CI will remain as it is . It will not failover as it is not part of Single Point of Failure.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

If node2 will fail,node1 can work DB+ASCS+APP1(Without CI) because ASCS is having message server and enque server.

Please correct if i am wrong.

Regards

Maruthi V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maruthi,

my understanding is also same....

Hello deepak,

Please advise...

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes your understanding is correct. The same has been explained in my example above.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello  Deepak,

one more query here....why we require to install APP1 in HA. Instead we can make CI also failover element. If we make CI as SPOF, we dont require application in other node.

Please suggest...

Regards

S.BASIS

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

CI is no more a SPOF in SAP setup on HA. We have ASCS & DB as SPOF. refer installation guides for more details on SPOF components.

This is the reason I suggested APP1  in HA setup.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Ok...really.I have understand lot of things about cluster from you.

Could you tell us..what is difference btw SAP Distributed & HA envin.

Regards

S.BASIS

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To make it simple as of now

You can Install DB on one node and SAPCI on another node with HA on it. To get HA configured out you have to have unix (solaries) team along with you. To even configure ERS b/w these two nodes you need unix team.

Once done then you can intall Apps on two different servers, makes life easy and simple

Regards,

Deepanshu Sharma    

Former Member
0 Kudos

see below screen shot for HA overview.

There are multiple ways to configure the HA for SAP. The one mentioned above is:

1) All the groups running on node 1 and install a dialog instance on node2. In case of node1 down, then all the groups will move to node2 and the additional dialog instance will be down (no need to down the dialog instance if you lots of resources ie. CPU, memory.)

2) Option 2 :- Run database group on node1 and SAP CI group on node2 and install additional apps on separate server. (I would recommend this)

Make sure you read the installation guide on how to configure / install SAP on HA. Also involve the UNIX/Network team in discussion before you start config/install.