Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Diagnostics agent should I use?

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently implementing a new Solution Manager version 7.1.

Our old Solman 7.01 never really monitored things correctly so I'm determined this one will work right!

I've gone through all the config steps and I've got to the point where it tells me to install the diagnostics agent on the child systems.

Now we still have mostly Netweaver 7.00 based systems, although this year we plan to get things up to date.  But currently they all have the SMD diagnostic agent rather than the DAA one that is installed now. 

My question is, do I need to upgrade it/install DAA for the monitoring to work properly.  And if so, what version should I use if the systems it's monitoring are 7.00.... can you still use a 7.40 diagnostic agent install as it's basically standalone so shouldn't effect the actual system....

I have gone to the step in 7.1 setup where it says click on Get agents and although I've registered about 6 systems in the SLD, it only shows one system which is a 7.40 JAVA stack install....

Thank you,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Have a look at this SAP note

1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents

Regards

RB

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Our old Solman 7.01 never really monitored things correctly so I'm determined this one will work right!

Good Luck!!

refer

former_member185048
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

The latest DAA is recommended in satellite systems. You can install the latest 7.3 DAA agent for you're NW 7.0 systems. You also need upgrade the host agent which is mandatory. By uninstalling the SMD and installing the DAA 7.3 the hostagent gets upgraded automatically

Note : 1365123  provides installation guides

The already installed agents are registered in the SLD? Could you provide the screen cap?

Thanks,

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

for the configuration of the managed systems you don't need to upgrade/install a DAA for just client.

You need to run the transaction RZ70 in just client system, with the saprouter string to reach your Solution Manager and service sapgw<nn> (where <nn> is the Instance Number of the Solution Manager), for send the customer data to the SLD.

At the end of this operation, you will find the system SID and some data, into your SLD.

Execute the job SAP_LMDB_LDB_0000000001 into your Solution Manager and at the end of this one, run the report RSGET_SMSY (it's schedule as daily job LANDSCAPE FETCH).This operation synchronize the data from SLD to SLDB and SMSY transaction.

When these operation are finished, you can see your Technical Systems into LMDB transaction and administer its from here.

The last part of the configuration is the set up the RFC from the Solution Manager to the Managed System and from Managed System to Solution Manager. You can do this operation with the transaction SOLMAN_SETUP, execute the Managed Systems Configuration section, without assign the Diagnostics Agent.

At this point you have the system configured as in old Solution Manager 7.01 and it work properly.

Best Regards.

--

Luca Ferrari