cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release DP to ECC / UOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question about release from DP to ECC.

History quantities have been converted into planning area UOM (PCE) using materials master data. Its done by BW routines, before to load theinfocube.

Are the quantities converted into material base unit of measure during release to ECC or should i implement an user-exit BAdi to do the conversion ?

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Clement,

In standard SAP process the design is that they get converted automatically, you don't need to do anything specific using an user exit  unless there was a change that was done using customized solution to change the quantities into the UoM defined at the planning area. But, I assume you wouldn't have done that as SAP can handle that already using the UoM Conversions maintained in the Product master.

Babu Kilari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I've another question related to what you said. Is it the Material Master (ECC) or the Product Master (APO) used to convert data (with conversion factors) ?

Thanks in advance,

Clément

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Clement,

A basic question that comes to my mind here is the UoM conversion of Material Master and Product Master should always be in synch as it is the Material master data which gets CIFed into APO.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes it should be in synch but I plan to use a BAdi in order to modify the Product Master (conversion factor) when CIFed into APO.

Clément

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu and Satish,

Thanks for you quick and clear answers.

Clément

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Clement,

As per my understanding you want to know whether Forecast will be converted into Base UOM (from Material Master) during release from APO to ECC.

Answer is 'No'. Forecast does not get converted during the release process. However it will be get converted into Base UOM provide you have maintained the necessary conversion factors in respective Material Master. Hence you do not need to implement any user-exit BAdi to do this conversion.

Additionally, here is the link to SAP Help:

Transfer of the Demand Plan to R/3 Demand Management - SAP Library

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare