cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing cell shape in an ALV Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there any possibility to change the cell shape from rectangular to any other type???

may be like cylindrical. I am using cell design to color my cell so is there any possibility to change the shape of it in ALV table??

Kindly give some suggestions.

Warm regards,

Nalla B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No. You have to use CSS to have a rounded corners for input fileds (text box). If you are on relevant version of NW to use HTML Integration, you can use your own CSS file ( bit tricky, you have to write lot of CSS code to have your required design).

Check this doc: HTML Integration and Change CSS in WDA 

Here is the CSS example to have rounded input fields: CSS3 Borders

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your quick response.

HTML 5 is not possible in our current system.

Can u just briefly explain how to change the cell border in an ALV Table by using CSS.

Some sample steps.

Also if i Change will it reflect in all the ALV tables or i can restrict only for the one which i want????

Thanks,

Nalla B.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u just briefly explain how to change the cell border in an ALV Table by using CSS.

Some sample steps.

You have to find the corresponding style class applying for that UI element. Check the below image. In that I have changed the style class for the whole body in CSS and hence the rounded border is displaying for the whole body. Similarly you have to find the style class associated to the input filed in the table column and apply your required style. ( I couldn't find any style class for the input field, so it may not be possible; you could explore further)

Also if i Change will it reflect in all the ALV tables or i can restrict only for the one which i want????

If you edit the standard style sheet and import it with the same name( by deleting the existing one), it will apply for all the applications. If you want to restrict it to your particular application, copy the standard theme to a custom theme and edit the custom theme according to your requirement and import the custom theme to MIME repository. Then apply the custom theme to your particular application using URL parameter WDTHEMEROOT.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)