SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of already existing stores to a new company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

did you never happen to move existing stores/plants and distribution centers/plants from one company code to a new company code, because of a conveyance of business branch from an old company to a new one? Consider that both the two companies (company codes) will continue to operate on the same client, including performing cross company business processes.

As far as I understood the best way should be to create new stores/plants and new distribution centers/plants as well (besides a new company code and sales organization), assign them to the new enterprise structure and close the old stores and distribution centers, thus performing data conversion, cut-over and inizialization activities.

Do some of you know if the re-assignment of already existing plants (stores and distribution centers) to a new company code in the same client as the old company code, is a feasible way to proceed? It could make me save time in avoiding some data conversion and cut-over cativities.

Best regards

karlingas

1 REPLY 1

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best way to avoid problems create new site and assign it to the company code.If you want just moving the site to another company code then best option is contacting SAP.They will analyse your system then suggest you best option.It is very difficult to give suggestion these kind of activities.I would recommend to contact SAP>