cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remaining objects in old Tablespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve finished EHP installation and I'm doing the Follow-up activites when I try to drop the old tablespace I can't do it because there are objects into this old tablespace.

I´ve read this notes:

1715052 - Tablespace cannot be deleted after upgrade

1819182 - Tables (TTREE*) remain in old exchange tablespace But in this note, It doesn't explain the steps to process/change the objectos from old to new TS.

In transaction SE13 or SE11, change the data type SSEXC to APPL0 for the tables and activate your data. After you do this, you can use

a) SE14

b) ICNV

c) DB tools

to move the table to a different tablespace (for TABART APPL0).

Looking for scn I´ve founded this thread but the solution It's not "official" by Sap.

brspace -c force -o process,time -u / -f tbreorg -a reorg -tablespace PSAPPRD700 -t "*" -parallel 3 -degree 3 -newts PSAPSR3731

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3294166

Any advice?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve just finished the reorganization of the objects into the new TS.

Then I need to drop the old tablespace but I´ve founded this note and I'm not sure

1677201 - Oracle 11g: Dictionary corruption / ORA-959 due to DROP TBS

If a segment is created using Deferred Segment Creation and the related tablespace is later dropped before the segment is populated with data, accessing the object fails with errors ORA-00604 ORA-00959...

If I've checked that the TS is empty with this sql, I would be sure that reorganized objects are not in a segment with deferred segment?

select table_name from dba_tables where tablespace_name='PSAPSR3701';

select index_name from dba_indexes where tablespace_name='PSAPSR3701';

Thanks

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you have moved the objects that were left in the old tablespace using BRTools then you can drop the tablespace PSAPSR3701 using BRTools.

If there are some objects left in the tablespace then BRTools will warn you before it lets you drop it.

Regards

RB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking for scn I´ve founded this thread but the solution It's not "official" by Sap.

Who said this, it is using brtools not any other tool which is unsupported.

You may go ahead and execute the command mentioned by other techie.

*Only an additional check is, you nee to select right parameters of command before you execute

Regards,

Nick Loy

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

You just need to move all the objects in the old tablespace to the new tablespace.

Use the command I have provided in that thread.

I have done it many times.

su - orasid

brspace -c force -o process,time -u / -f tbreorg -a reorg -tablespace PSAPPRD700 -t "*" -parallel 3 -degree 3 -newts PSAPSR3731

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Reagan,

I'm on windows so I need to use sidadm user. Are there any previous or post taks when execute this command?

In note 1819182, says  "change the data type SSEXC to APPL0 for the tables and activate your data"

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben

Connect as sidadm and run the command.

Also this is the standard way to move the objects in the old tablespace to the new tablespace after the upgrade (if required).

Check this SAP note

1848753 - SUM 1.0: exchange tablespace (e.g. PSAPSR3702X) handling during release upgrade/update

Regards

RB