cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC server program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there experts!

I've been experiencing some issues in my PROD system and client is getting somehow nervous. The thing is, I'm using XI, and we have some interfaces that read and update some tables at a SQL server. This have been working for 2 or more years, and I've been maintaining this interfaces adding fields to the RFC, mappings, and so on as usual support tasks.

Suddenly, it stopped working. Now, when the ABAP code does the CALL FUNCTION Z_*** DESTINATION ProgramID it is failing to connect. The SM59 to the TCP/IP connection to the ProgramID says it's not registered (though it was). Also it does not appear at the SMGW at clients connected. I go to the XI machine, and re register that ProgramID with rfcexec -a ProgramID -g host -x service and then when I go to test the SM59 it goes OK. But as long as they execute the Z abap program that calls the RFC to XI, it gets unregistered again and therefore I cannot see anything at SXMB_MONI. Basis team and the XI guy (me) are a little lost, we both don't know why this behaviour neither what has changed. The DB team is on vacation (all of them) and no one nows if something was changed (related to access, ports, IPs or user permissions) at DB engine.

Any hint? It would be REALLY helpful.

Cheers,

Edu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Couple of things , as you mentioned that after you register the program , the SM59 connection works. So when the Z program is called , what is the error message received.

Also are you seeing any error messages in the dev_gw file in the work directory especially when you are performing the testing .

Please see the below link .

Also please check with your Basis Team if any recent changes in gateway parameters etc were done which might be causing the issue.

Thanks

RD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi!

thanks for your response. The thing is I know how to register the programID, in fact the system usually registers it automatically once you've activated the CC. In this case, we've forced the registration, since it was already registered but SM59 and SMGW said it wasn't. When the SM59 connection tests OK, we launch the process of the ABAP thing. Once it tries to reach XI (CALL FUNCTION ... DESTINATION ...) the process fails, and then if I test the SM59 it raises all red with a "ProgramID not registered"!!

am I explaining myself?

cheers,

Edu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Check first the RFC sender channel has been activated.

About program id activation check these:

Michal Krawczyk 's blog

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/0429aa488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

Also you can check in the communication channel monitoring if the RFC adapter is in red status, in this case you should to reactive it.

Regards.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Try starting/stopping the communication channel in RWB. Might be a caching issue.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki, Mark

the thing is that now I cannot see the CC at the Com. Channel Monitoring in RWB. Any hint?

cheers,

Edu

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Have you tried recreating the CC e.g delete and create?

Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Is it the communication channel activated with the status active as well?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both.

Yeap, the communication channel is activated and the adapter status set to active.

If I'd recreate the CC, shouldn't have I to create a neew TCP/IP connection at SM59 with a new programID? That would force me to change all the abap programs and change the ProgramID at the CALL FUNCTION .. DESTINATION part, isn't it?

Also, I see at Integration Directory, at the objects tab, that the INTEGRATION_SERVER_PIP Businnes System hasnt got any CC (in DEV it has some of them), and also at SLDCHECK it raises a yellow error that says:

Calling function LCR_LIST_BUSINESS_SYSTEMS
Retrieving data from the SLD server...
Function call terminated sucessfully
List of business systems maintained in the SLD:
  INTEGRATION_SERVER_EMD
  INTEGRATION_SERVER_PIP
  EMP_600
  EMC_300
  EMD_400

Calling function LCR_GET_OWN_BUSINESS_SYSTEM
Retrieving data from the SLD server...
No corresponding business system found for system PIP      client 001
=> Check and maintain the SLD content for the current client

Summary: Connection to SLD works technically, but the SLD content may need maintenance
=> Check and maintain the SLD data content

Thanks a lot for helping me!!

Cheers,

Edu