cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have a interface database to sap ecc i mean jdbc to idoc but my functional consultant tells that he wants to connect to this data base through soap communication channel his intention is webservice to idoc. Pls give me your advices for the same

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only need to do a SOAP -IDOC interface, you can find several examples in the SCN, when you have you SOAP sender interface with its schema you can give this to your DB team or to wait to finish the entire PI scenario and to give them the WSDL. The harder work will be in the DB team that they need to make a SOAP call from PL/SQL.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vila,

Thanks for you reply.

now i understood the process for this interface. If i give the WSDL to DB team will they have access/authorization for soap call i meant tablelar format converted into Soap call.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your sender system folks uses web service as the front end and their back end system is d/b .

Usual practice is ,after the creation of your sender objects (DT,MT,SI,CC/SA) in PI  you need to share the wsdl along with url to invoke the web service hosted by PI.

If you are connecting to your sender system for the first time then ask your basis to create one service user and ask them them to share the credentials to you after creation .

url:

http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry&version=3.0&Sender.Service=<senderBusinesscomponent>&Interface=<InterfaceNamespace>%5e<sender Service Interface>&QualityOfService=ExactlyOnce&sap-client=500&sap-user=<username>&sap-password=<password>

Regards

Venkat

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only need to give them the WSDL and an user/password to PI, this user user need to have the roles of the PIAPPLUSER in order to can access to the PI webservice (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a005629b-c063-2910-0fb8-f57dc68ab...)

With WSDL, the DBteam shouldn't have any problem to do the call. For example for ORACLE: ORACLE-BASE - Oracle Consuming Web Services

Regards,

Answers (0)