cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start DAA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

My SAP system i s working fine ,but DAA in MM C is showing red color in that SAPCPE .exe executable copy  could not started  started .

If i go to exe folder if click sap CPE it shwoing unbale to access due to permission issue .

I have give n the enogh permissons to the folder and i tried to acces from the run the folder I am abale to acces the folder as well.

Work directory log will be

---------------------------------------------------

trc file: "sapstartsrv.log", trc level: 0, release: "720"

pid        370132

[Thr 347768] Mon Jan 13 12:47:45 2014

SAP HA Trace: SAP Microsoft Cluster library '720, patch 210, changelist 1311002' initialized

CCMS agent initialization: WARNING: cannot recognize an instance type, continuing in the non-ABAP mode.

CCMS agent initialization: return code 255.

Initializing SAPControl Webservice

Starting AutoRestart thread

Copying E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\sapstartsrv.exe to E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\sapstartsrv.exe.new

Cannot open Kill File kill.sap.cmd. (Error 13 EACCES*: Permission denied OR: The data is invalid.) [ntservstart.cpp 1358]

AutoRestart thread started, version check is enabled

SapSSLInit failed => https support disabled

Starting WebService Named Pipe thread

Starting WebService thread

Webservice named pipe thread started, listening on port \\.\pipe\sapcontrol_97

Webservice thread started, listening on port 59713

[Thr 370516] Mon Jan 13 12:47:55 2014

Filehandle of sapstartsrv executable cannot be retrieved. Checking on next change notification

[Thr 370516] Mon Jan 13 12:48:05 2014

Filehandle of sapstartsrv executable cannot be retrieved. Checking on next change notification

trc file: "dev_jstart.370480", trc level: 1, release: "720"

[Thr 369752] Mon Jan 13 12:47:46 2014

[Thr 369752] *** ERROR => SfEIO: SfCConfig::loadFile: Cannot open file 'E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config' (E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config) for input.  [sfxxlib.hpp  3070]

[Thr 369752] *** ERROR => Initialization failed: SfEIO: Cannot open file 'E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config' (E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config) for input.

[sfxxmain.cpp 998]

[Thr 369752] *** LOG => exiting (exitcode -21000, retcode 2).

Please sugegst any body how to proceed further.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Basis,

Rename the kill.sap or delete the kill.sap file in work directory and kill all the process including sapstartsrv.

and then start the Diagnostic agent with daaadm user

Hopefully it will start.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Basis,

Also rename the file in directory  E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\sapstartsrv.exe.new to

E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\sapstartsrv.exe

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturevdi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

same has been done ,but no luck

below is the logs

trc file: "dev_jstart.374520", trc level: 1, release: "720"

[Thr 374076] Mon Jan 13 13:28:51 2014

[Thr 374076] *** ERROR => SfEIO: SfCConfig::loadFile: Cannot open file 'E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config' (E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config) for input.  [sfxxlib.hpp  3070]

[Thr 374076] *** ERROR => Initialization failed: SfEIO: Cannot open file 'E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config' (E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.config) for input.

[sfxxmain.cpp 998]

[Thr 374076] *** LOG => exiting (exitcode -21000, retcode 2).

SAP-R/3-Startup Program

Starting at 2014/01/13 13:28:49

Startup Profile: "E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\profile\DAA_SMDA97_KBINPRD01"

Starting Programs

(371596) CreateProcess(E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\profile\DAA_SMDA97_KBINPRD01 list:E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64/j2eeinst.lst) failed(5). EIO*: Input/output error OR: Access is denied.

(371596) CreateProcess(E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\profile\DAA_SMDA97_KBINPRD01 list:E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_6.1.037/sapjvm_6.lst source:E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\exe\jvm\NTAMD64\sapjvm_6.1.037) failed(5). EIO*: Input/output error OR: Access is denied.

(374520) CreateProcess: E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstart.EXE pf=E:\usr\sap\DAA\SYS\profile\DAA_SMDA97_KBINPRD01

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check permission settings for /usr directory and its sub-folders, make sure sap users (such as <sid>adm, SAPService<SID>) and sap groups in the OS level have full permissions for them. For example: read/write/execute/modify/full control...etc

Which user you are using.

Was it running earlier.

When did it stop working.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Basis,

Is it a window server 2008 R2?

In this case, check the sapmnt share security and the file permission on .\usr\sap. Make sure that the domain group SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin has full access. You might have to remove all permissions of local groups on the sapmnt share and the file folders, since on Windows Server 2008 the security settings for local groups are not allowed on the shared disks.

Follow the sapnote

1917016 - Java system not start due to error "[AttachOsShm] OpenFileMapping(FILE_MAP_ALL_ACCESS,FALSE,Global\SAP_SYSTEM_SHM_1_79) failed with Err=5"

Which is similar to your problem.

Best way to resolve this , to reinstall the DAA diagnostic agent or provide the full access SAP_<SID>_GlobalAdmin

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its running earlier ,after system restart facing the above issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please try the below command...

• Run the following command to correct SLD information:
    smdsetup sldconf hostname:"solman.domain.com" port:"50000" user:"SLDDSUSER" pwd:"password"
    (Replace with appropriate FQDN, password and port)
  • Restart Diagnostics Agent from SAPMMC

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello AShu,

I have given the full permissions and still not able o reslove the issue .

I am trying to open the folder E:\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\exe\jstrat.config file its showing access denied .

Please sugegst how to reslove the issue

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP,

Right click on the jstrat.config file and in the security tab check the permission of the user.

also paste the permission of the DAA folder.

Are you trying with DAAADM user?

Its a permission issue.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu ,

I mam using DAAadm user only ,service is also running fine but unable to start daa in mmc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

did you try to run the command that i told you...

thanks

rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I have not tried the below command,Actually I am thinking its a permission issue I am unable to open in work directory available.log as well its showing message access denied.

But Now I will try your command as well Thanks for your concern

I will paste the results as well

'Advance Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you verify the following group policy, Windows isn't helpful when telling you that this is the problem when start a windows service other then a logon error:

Start > Run > gpedit.msc

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems issue with user you are using for starting. Please use daaadm user fro this.

BR

Atul