cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update Sales group in Transactional data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys, 

I need this to be done. Can you please assist.

I got an requirement to update the Sales Group for some of the customers. For this change client want to update historical data like Sales order's and invoices etc..

Can you please help me how i can update historical data Sales orders, Deliveries and Invoices?

I ca update Sales orders using LSMW after invoice creation also. Can you guys please help me how to update in Invoice. It's not editable field in Invoice.

I am not able to find the field in Delivery item but i can bale to see the field value in LIPS table. Please help.

Thanks in advance for your valuable guidelines and support.

Thanks,

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

Mass Update Sales Group for Customer.  You could use XD99

Mass Update Sales Group for Sales Orders and Delivery. You could use MASS -> Select BUS2032 as Business Object and select the Sales Group to be updated.

As for updating Invoicing.  This is not possible.  You have to cancel the invoice, update Sales Group in the Delivery or Sales Order and reinvoice so that the billing doc will reflect the latest sales group.

For details how to use MASS - See SAP SD help: Mass Maintenance processing - tcode MASS

Hope the above helps.

Thanks

Leonard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Leonard.

One more thing whee can i find the Sales group in Delivery. Its showing in LIPS but not able to see at item details in delivery document.

Second thing is lot of invoices are there to change. So if client want to change the historical invoices with correct group, is there any way i can do the change?

Thanks in Advance,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonard,

I am not able to update Delivery documents using BUS2032 as it's allowing only sales documents. Can you please check and confirm.

One more thing whee can i find the Sales group in Delivery. Its showing in LIPS but not able to see at item details in delivery document.

Second thing is lot of invoices are there to change. So if client want to change the historical invoices with correct group, is there any way i can do the change?

Thanks in Advance,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

I was assuming that Sales Group can be found in Delivery.  If this is the case, MASS for Delivery doc will not help.

There is no way you can do it without programmatically. While it is not recommended, I have seen cases of back end update by basis (RISK).

Is there any financial implication or its purely for reporting purpose? If financial impact, then reversal is not avoidable.  If purely reporting, can business do something outside the system? Of course, backend update is my last last last choice and have to perform the same rigor (Dev,Test,Prod) as a change request.

Thanks

Leonard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Leonard.

Backend in the sense table modification ..correct.

Why i am not able to see the sales group field in delivery document as i can see at table level in LIPS? Any thoughts.

If i want to update any field in delivery what is the business object i can use..This just for information.

Thanks ,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

For delivery, you should use BUS6050.  I am not able to find Sales Group in Delivery as well.  Guessing that is been added programmatically.

Yes. Backend Table Modification.

Thanks

Leonard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lastly, I'm shamelessly asking for some acknowledgement if I answer part of your questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leonard,

Your answer is perfectly correct. I will acknowledge the same.

Thanks for the update.

Object BUS6050 does not exist in MASS transaction. Can you please check and confirm.

Thanks in advance.

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad.  I just checked in MASS.  There isn't any delivery object to be updated which now restrict your choice with only LSMW or ECATT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Leonard

Answers (0)