cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering change management for affected or dependent objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to this ECM area , i know that change numbers are usually linked to material master or BOM ,  but my client has a requirement to display the affected objects for this material/BOM like transactional data (Network , Planned order , Production order , PIR , PR , PO and Inventory stock) in a report.

So that they can check the affected transactional data in the report and change the status of the change number. This process they are currently doing in their legacy system and they want to have the same in SAP. I tried to check in query if the change number table AENR has any link to Network , PIR or Purchase order tables , but could not get the key field or link to join the tables.

I also got this user exit specific to Change number , but not sure if this helps the requirement.

PCCD0001  ECM: customer error in change master

PCCD0002  ECM: check values for effectivity type

PCCD0003  ECM: Check when setting a system status

PCCD0004  ECH: Check before saving the change number

PCCD0005  ECM: Check following initial screen (dynpro 100)

PCCD0006  Parameter effectivity: Format effectivity output contro

Appreciate if you could provide me your inputs on this topic.

Thanks

Benny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benny,

If I understand correctly you mean only Material Master / BoM will be assigned to change master.

And with change number as input you need to find out all impacted Network , Planned order , Production order , PIR , PR , PO and Inventory stock.

As far as I know there wont be any Out of the box report (try object browser TXN CC04 if meets some requirement) like that. you would need to build custom impact report. something like input change # --> Get linked material masters --> material whereused in every object etc...experts may disagree.

regards,

Niketan