cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Team - On Behalf of Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I'm unable to Access On-Behalf of Applications in MSS Team page, whilst I can't proceed further when i click on the Icon under employee profile.

kindly let me know what need to be done..

2) I've a question here to raise again. currently we are not following approvals based on OM reporting structure. we are dealing with Z table where I've maintained custom reporting structure. In such case.. If my reporting manager applies Leave/Travel request on behalf of me.. will it fetch the manger inside the Z-table maintained???

Kindly provide me ur valuable suggestions

Cheers

Pradyp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyp,

The one that was marked / highlighted by you is not On-behalf of Employee. That is employee menu, refer below:

Role: MSS

Instance:  EMPLOYEE_MENU

On-behalf is a part of Employee Menu.

Please check the above in LPD_CUST and make sure that you have assigned the same as shown below in Org.Chart Visualiation for MSSBIZVIEW:

Please maintain the same for all 4 Navigation Field Groups (Organizational, Communication, Talent, Compensation).

And let us know the result.

All the best,

Srikanth Naidu. Akula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth

I've checked the Hierarchy Overview with all the 4 combinations like u said

Hierarchy Name: MSSBIZVIEW

Structure Name: MSS_EMP_HIER

Navigation Field Group:   MSS_TMV_BIZ_EOR (Organizational)

MSS_TMV_BIZ_ESL   (Compensation)

MSS_TMV_BIZ_ETL   (Talent)

MSS_TMV_BIZ_NAV  (Communication)

where-in for all these 4 Navigation field groups the Role & Instance have already been assigned by default.

Moreover, the one which I've highlighted is Employee Menu..Agreed!!! but my understanding was after clicking the Icon we can avail the services of On-behalf of Applications.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

Await for few more Ideas/solutions...

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was it working earlier and stopped working after some patch or something?

Also can you check if you need to activate any business function or switch which will facilitate the on behalf applications?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amrit

No, It wasn't working earlier too!!! and we have not applied any new patches as of date. Can u tell me what Business Function else I need to activate to facilitate On Behalf of Application..

Await 4 ur valuable suggestion..

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyp,

This is for your reference:

Check whether you have active versions for above roles & instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth

I've already checked the applications & they are Active..

Thnx for showing such a keen Interest on this Issue & I really appreciate that..

Keep coming more Info.

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the LPD_CUST for above role & instance:

Check in Extras, you have both SAP & Customer versions. If you have them properly.

Then check the Org.Chart.Visualization (Transported / Customer) Table for the same.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pradep ,

finally u acheived.....and thanks for posting the correct answer ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

U R welcome Jwala

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

Thanks for all ur valuable Ideas. I've finally solved this by following suggestions. let me share with u, what was I missing in Config..

now provide the following details

now provide Role & Instance

Note: In-order to get the liability of On-Behalf of Applications, make sure u followed these steps

now log into portal & check the applications

These are the pre-requisites to achieve On Behalf of App's..

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

plz chk in sicf all these are activated sap> bc> webdynpro > sap

chk and activate which starts with HRMSS as per below screen shot ...once log off total from portal and close all your browsers and log in again ...al the best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala

Thnx for ur timely response, In my system I've already activated SICF which are related to MSS

Keep coming with more Info..

Cheers Buddy

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u chk the system alais which u have created and the same is there for ur  Role and Instance for your above application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyp,

I see to that lot of valuable suggestions given by the other members just to add to it i request you to check in the LPD_CUST transaction  against the Role:ESS Instance: EMPLOYEE_MENU go the Extras->General settings select the option as User set of roles in OBN navigation mode and try.

Regards,

Mithun k

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

can u chk in lpd_cust in below ..this is the application which is calling in on behalf in MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala

As Expected thnx for ur quick response. I'm already there with same Role & Instance in Launchpad.. let me know what next need to be done???

Await for ur valuable suggestion..

Cheers Mate

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

can u click refresh the team once on top once and chk ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue,in some system I was not able to access On-behalf of application with IE.

Try with Mozilla Firefox. Also check applications are active in MSS-Employee Menu in LPD_CUST.

2) If you apply Leave/Travel request from on behalf of employee, it will fetch the same approver which you have used for ESS like maintaining in the custom tables/Rules or BADI.

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi

Thnx 4 ur valuable Inputs, unfortunately It's neither working with Mozilla nor IE in my case, any more Ideas???

I'm glad that the workflow will be functioning as anticipated. I knew the same will happen.. but still I had a doubt in my mind. Thanx for clearing it...

Await for ur valuable Inputs..

Cheers

Pradyp