cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit option with comment on blog and document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

As you must aware of functionality that we can comment on any thread N no. of time and till the time nobody replied back to our comment we can edit it also, but as soon someone replied to our thread we can't edit it. This is good functionality but why don't we have same kind of functionality in blogs or document. In blogs and document people can edit and change their comment after someone replied to them also. 

Can we have same kind of functionality like thread  in blogs and documents also. ?

Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting observation !!

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi - Documents are meant to be collaborative updated with new information as it becomes available, by the author or other members.  the document versioning feature allows members to see previous versions and edits.

The same could be said about blog posts: there cases where new information becomes available or things change an the author would like to add a warning and perhaps a link to a new post.

Editing was deactivated on discussion threads to prevent abuses that I haven't seen done on blog posts or documents.  What are the reasons for suggesting this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

I am talking about edit option in  "Comment".

Now you won't be able to edit your reply(comment) on current thread.. but if its a blog or document you will be able to edit your reply.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's interesting. Have you seen any abuses of this privilege?

Former Member
0 Kudos

till date, i didn't notice anything but it can be..

Suppose i have posted something wrong as a comment on a blog, someone came and replied to me saying this is wrong, Now i may try to be too smart and i will edit my previous comment and make it correct or i may delete that also.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That's what we have discussions for: there's nothing more annoying than a discussion starting within the comments of a document or blog post.  I refuse to answer queries posted in a comment and ask the member to create a new discussion if they want a reply.