cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO and SD at a same time... Possible or Impossible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently I got my certification from SAP University Alliances which I study all modules (SD, FICO, MM, PP, WM, APO and basic) at a fundamental or basic level, where we didn't go in detail but we cover very very important steps in all modules. After getting my certification, i start my independent study on SD and APO (also PP as it is prerequisite for APO) and by taking independent training from my experience friends (who have work experience of 7 to 8 years) who help me in understanding SD and APO. Is this possible that i continues my career in both modules in future, What i am thinking is that at morning time i work in APO project and in evening or online or from remote site i should work on SD? I understand it a tough one but i wanna listen from SAP guru's and experience guys that what they think about it? Hope your answer will help me in choosing right direction in future.

***** Currently I am Graduate student

***** I didn't study BI in Univeristy Alliances Program

***** I am very interested in SD and APO at a same time

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working as a dev since a bit more than year and a half on APO, and it has huge depth to it. I do not know much of SD, but if its atleast this complicated as APO, then i would suggest you to focus on one, rather than splitting your focus and not getting good at neither.

Best Regards,

Mihaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its good that you want to get knowledge in 2 modules at the same time but in that way you wont be able to get good command any of them. and to sustain in the market you should have good command atleast in one area, and once you got the expertise in one area than you can go foe 2nd.

Thanks,

vivek Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no harm in understanding 2 modules at a time but you will get a job in one module only...

I would suggest you to concentrate first on one module get an expertise on one module.. Say SD module get a full time job & then try you hands on APO....

Regards,

Veeram