cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shelf Life expiration with batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I need to ensure that I pick products that expires early against all my storage types, my storage types consist of both SLED(batch) and non SLED(non-batched) materials, please advice what should be my strategy( I am assuming it should be H) but if it contains a non SLED material, what is the impact?

Thanks in advance

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should use Stringent FIFO together with SLED check.

SLED is activated in  OMJ5 or

IMG > Logistics general > Batch management > SLED > SLED Check ..

Only in that combination SAP is checking the SLED in the quant instead of the GR date.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

SLED function are managed based on movement type and plant. Also, you can have non SLED and SLED materials in your storage types. If you want to implement sled with batch , you should benefit from classification in material master. This is the reason of non-impact.

''I need to ensure that I pick products that expires early against all my storage types'' to success this functionality , you need to configure your some process.

Please check this path :

1- Create 2 characteristics with CT04 , last GR date and expiration date -- Table MCH1 , Fields : LWEDT , VFDAT  --- Class type : 23 for batch

2- Create a class with CL04 , assign 2 characteristics to the class.

3- Go to material master / classification and assign class to material code.

4- Go to migo , run good receipt with batch number and expiration date.

5- You can report MB5M.

6- SPRO / Logistics - General / Batch Management/ Batch Determination and Batch Check / Define Sort Rules

Create a sort rule like a Z_ASC , assign characteristics to it with ascending rule.

After that go to Allocate IM Search Procedure/Activate Check and activate batch control and assign defined schema to related movement types.

7- MBC2 tcode will help you to define master data for sorting rule.

Sled with batch can be used ..

Some rules in SLED :

When the expiration date check is active and you enter the remaining shelf life in the material master record, you must enter the expiration date in the GR.

When the expiration date check is active and you enter the total shelf life in the material master record, you must enter the production date in the GR.

But, there will not be impacts...

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal