cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA models on DSO active tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me know if it is possible to create HANA models on active tables of DSO?

Is there any limitation in using this approach?

Best regards,

Sidharth Mishra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

You will have two options:

1) Import the DSO into HANA using Import BW object wizard which generates a HANA model and you can use this model for your further modelling,

2) If BW is running on the same HANA instance and you have proper authorization, you can use the Active Table in DSO in your reporting procedure .

Regarding building HANA model, it is technically possible but not supported by SAP as a better approach it is better to use generated model in HANA.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

i have 2 questions regarding your reply;

1. Why is it a better approach to use generated model and not use the table directly to create the model? Will there be any difference in the outcome of the 2 approaches?

2.You say it is not supported by SAP.Do you mean the system will not allow me to create the model if i use the DSO active table?

Best regards,

Sidharth Mishra

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

Answer to your 1st point:

Two views -- ( Most Debated though )

View 1:

a) If you import the BW Cube/DSO using HANA "Import" wizard it helps you to to redeploy your "HANA Model" whenever you activate your BW Info cube.

b) Analytic Privileges in HANA can be directly mapped to "Analysis Authorizations" in BW.

Meaning HANA Views become a part of BW life cycle management.

View 2:

If you want to use the Active table of the DSO as some lookup in some other business logic, then it is better you directly model on top of this table.

Performance wise there may not be any deviations, only the management of this views are of concern here.

Answer to your 2nd point:

As i said it is "Technically Possible", we can create analytic view on the active table of a DSO.

It is just not an "Suggested" approach from SAP.

Do have a look on the below blog:

HANA-Native Reporting on BW Data in #BWonHANA &... | SAP HANA

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sidharth,

SAP doesn't support to create Views directly on tables in BW on HANA

I have tried creating views directly on DSO tables in HANA in non productive environment and you can create it

Read the below note:

1682131 - SAP BW tables in SAP HANA Information Views not supported

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys... i got some useful information!!