Did you mean: 

Query with RG1 updation in Manufactuing process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xperts

My client does the manufacturing/production process as described below :

Process Steps

1.Process Order creation

2.Confirm Process order to receive stock in Quality Inspection(Material Movement : 101 , no RG1 updation will happen) at Str Loc : PR16

3.Acceptance of QM lot to transfer to move that stock from QI to Unrestricted at Storage Location : PR16

4.Transfer of stock from PR16 to FG01 via 313 material movement

5.Receive material at FG01 via 315 material movement(RG1 updation will be done)

My query is regarding the Point No :2. Is this not a legal point that post manufacturing they do not update RG1.I mean they do not update RG1 with the GRN document.They do update RG1 when they transfer the stock from production loc : PR16 to Sellable Location : FG01.

Please suggest if this would not raise any audit point!!

Regards

Soumick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The RG1 register should be updated for the Produced Qty in FG storage location only. The scenario what you are following seems to be perfect. I dont think you get any objection from the excise department. Still you may check with your Internal FI / Excise department.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok

My concern is that they are updating RG1 against the Material Document generated with Material Movement 315.

They are not updating RG1 against the Material Document generated with Material Movement 101.

Ideally RG1 should be updated with the Goods Receipt document not against the Transfer posting document.Please put your valuable feedback on that.

Regards

Soumick

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You donot need to Update RG1 register when you perform GRN against your Production / Process order as you will transfer the goods at a later point of time to some other Storage location (Say FG01 Finished goods storage location).

In this case, you have two options :

Option 1 :

Update RG1 against the transfer posting document in J1I5 transaction manually. Refer 315 Material document number, Movement type 315, Storage location (Say FG01) Posting Date, Classification RMA and execute the J1I5 report and Create entry in RG1 register.

Option 2 :

Update RG1 against the transfer posting document in J1I5 transaction manually. Refer 311 Material document number, Movement type 311, Storage location (Say FG01) Posting Date, Classification RMA and execute the J1I5 report and Create entry in RG1 register.

An of the above said options can be used for your scenario as per your requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create variants in J1i5 to restrict (exclude )particular storage locations or movement type from RG1 updation, but this became one type of SOP.