cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing text as Paragraph in SAP adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in my adobe form to print the Notification number, shorttext and longtext as one paragraph.

Since for a single Notification, there can be multiple lines of Longtext, I have designed a nested table in SE11, where the main table contains Notification no and shortext and the nested table has the longtext.

Up to this part, everything is fine. I have the correct data with me.

But the problem arises while printing the data in the form as a PARAGRAPH.

Like smartforms, how can we create a paragraph for texts in adobe form?

And how shall I display data of a nested table in one paragraph.

Can anybody please answer this query.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupsa,

this isn't that hard to fix, that you think.

You can use a smartforms-style in Adobe.

Get into the Adobe-Interface and in the contex you create a textnode. Afterwards you will be able to put the smartforms-style right into the new node and the output match the same style as you got in Smartforms.

Make sure, that you got enough space horizontal, that the tabulators are printed in the same wise.

Here are two links to the official Sites:

This one explains, how to use.

Inserting a Text - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - SAP Library

And that one, what is supported by Adobe ( But you can refere to that from the first link )

Entering Text Module Properties - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe - SAP Library

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the information. But text modules are used are used for constant text right? But in my requirement, the text is dynamic which comes from sap. It may be any text and the length us also dynamic, as it's the notification long text.

Can you please let me know if I can still use the text module option?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you just can put any text in. Can be a constant, as well as a dynamic.

I want to write an article about it, but hey, I give you a short instruction.

You got an include text, such as VBBK 0001 (-->Customer clue I think)

To get this dynamic text right in your form with the same formatting options, you used right there, you have to create a smartstyle with all needed options. Important is, that you name formats and everything similar.

After doing that, you use it like mentioned above and you just have to modify your interface, that you put your text into that context.

For that, you have to create a table type tline_tab and here we go.

I hope, that explaination help you. In other case you have to wait a few days, till I can grab some time to create the blogpost with screenshots and stuff in.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian, can you please give me brief overview on how can I use the Dynamic text option in Adobe form?

Or for that matter, I am still confused about how to use the text module to print my notification long text, which is dynamic.

I have prepared my Longtext table in SE38 driver program.

Should I prepare and fill it in the Context of the adobe form, instead of the driver program?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, it is recommended by SAP, that you fill the text in the driver program. I'm not really sure, what point you reached right now.

You read your text dynamic in the driver program with the Function read_text i suggest.

You have created a smartstyles wich hits the options from the text as mentioned before?

You throw your text in the interface and created a textvariable in the interface --> not the given from the driver program, you have to right click on the right side, of your interface, you know, where you can activate the transported variables

Now you got the options, that you have to link your text there. In this example, text zzmark_tdname is linked, but you also got the option right here, that you can link a dynamic text.

Unfortunately i just found pictures in german, because I do not got a system available atm. But I think, this is the issue you facing and an english system looks very similar in the marked passages.

Regards

Florian

PS: The pictures are from that website Textbausteine in Adobe Forms – SAP-Wiki

Just in case somebody want to read that in german.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Florian for such a detailed explanation. I have got the option to insert Dynamic text in my Adobe form. Also I will populate the text field in the driver program.

In the mean time, can you please also tell me, when the text from SAP is getting displayed on the form, the box size remains fixed according to the number of lines of text coming from SAP.

If I want to add more text, the box doesn't get increased in size, instead a scroll bar appears on the box.

I have wrapped the textbox in a subform, which is flowed.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means, you develop a interactive form atm?

To increase the size, you need to put your text into the designview, I think your settings are correct. Subform has to be flowed, and the text itself also has to be flowed. It just shows a very small line in the designer, but that is normal.

Masterpages are only for "static" things. I mean, there are just things, which got a static positioning.

Can that be your mistake?

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have put my text in Design view only. So I don't think that's the mistake. Just don't know what could be the reason.

See this text box at the very bottom. That is in the Design view only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the requirement, where I am displaying the Notification longtext fro SAP.

I have made the text box editable, so that the user can input as many text lines as he wants. This is client's requirement.

I have wrapped my textbox in a Flowed subform and also checked the Expand to fit property for the text box.

But still my text box's height is not dynamic. The height of the box is fixed according to the no of lines coming from SAP. If I want to add more lines, the box is not increasing in height. Similarly, when I am deleting some of the text, the box size is not reducing.

Do you have any idea, how can I achieve this requirement?

Do I need to use script for this? Or I can achieve this without scripting?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupsa,

now i got it. That is not a possible scenario. Because the interactive form is a fixed layout. It is not possible, to enlarge the box at that moment, the user in fornt puts text in there.

That comes from, because the ADS is building the form and after the ADS finished it, the layout is "fixed".

Regards

florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

See, I got a link in youtube displaying to achieve this functionality. The only thing is, I have tried everything, which is shown here, but still it's not happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNki6UwJFeA.

Can you please have a look at the video and let me know how this functionality has been achieved?

Is there any possibility that, I need to update my ALD version to achieve this?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupsa,

I see. Didn't expect that this is a possible.. Learning never stops. I will try that in a testform and will share the result.

But I'm not sure, when I find the time for it. Can take some days. Made me a reminder.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian, this can be achieved by making the subform Flow directin as Western text. but somehow in my form it's not working. This is a very urgent requirement for me, so I have to find out some solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian, this can be achieved by making the subform Flow direction as Western text.

Thanks for all your help Florian.. I have achieved my requirement finally.

After long hours of research and brain storming, the solution that I found was:

Along with making the form properties as Dynamic in Defaults and preview, I also had to pass 'X' in

SFPDOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC, when calling the form from driver program.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very good.

I think I create a blog with this content. I share the link with you, when it is ready.

Thank you for sharing the result and how to achieve that.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please do share that link with me. Learning never ends. May be I'll again get to know something more interesting .

Answers (0)