cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase Central 11, 12, & 16 Crashes When Adding Column to Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this issue I've been having with Sybase Central across multiple versions, multiple machines, and multiple databases...

Often, when I try to add a column to a table, or even modify a view, Sybase Central crashes. 

The stack trace indicates: java.lang.AssertionError: Unexpected table type: 5

I've included a screen shot if that helps at all along with crash file.

I have no problem adding columns or altering views from within ISQL.

I've done a fair amount of searching but have come up empty.  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

-Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

It seems that Sybase Central is having trouble internally determining the type of object you're editing for this particular database - can you provide more information on how this database was created? Can you provide the output of 'SELECT * FROM SYS.SYSHISTORY'? What happens if you create a brand new database - do you still have the same issue?

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The database may have been originally created with v8, then later upgraded to v11.  The interesting thing is you can create new tables and views, just cannot alter them.  I just created a new database as a test and it does not seem to have this problem...

I've attached the output of SysHistory...

Thanks,

-Brian

jeff_albion
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

It seems that the particular database history is probably the most important to understand in order to fix this issue - I think we would like to take a look at the database while it's in this state in order to best determine what happened. Do you have a support plan with SAP and could you provide this database to us for further analysis in a support case?

If you don't have a support plan with SAP, could you contact myself directly ( firstname.lastname@sap.com ) so we could maybe arrange an exchange of information so we can hopefully still fix any outstanding software bugs that might be related to your issue?

Regards,

Jeff Albion

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeff.  I've emailed you...