cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Logon failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes when the users use NWBC 4.0 to access the SAP system they receive the following error:

If I flush the DNS with the command ipconfig /flushdns it works but everyday some users present this issue again. I found the following OSS note (1832862 - NWBC cannot connect to the portal) that talk about this issue but my connection is not with /irj/portal.

Someone knows why is this happening?

Thanks for the help,

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Type NWBC in the GUI and this should open up NWBC for HTML launch page. The URL is the one you need in the NWBC for desktop, just remove everything after NWBC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos

Please try to access using your IP address and check if it is working ..

When you face this problem , try to ping the server at that time to check if it is working ..

And most importantly - please contact your network infrastructure team as they might be needed to trouble shoot the issue

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This belongs to the space. Regarding your error, if it is really DNS related, involve your network admin to troubleshoot. When the problem exists, can you access the URL with a browser? Are you using a proxy to access internal/external web sites?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. my bad.

When the problem exists I can't access the URL by the browser.

No, we are not using a proxy.

Actually when the error occurs this pop-up is showed:

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, then it's not a SAP specific problem. Take it up with your network admin / IT support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using DNS or host file .

If DNS try to add manual entry in the host file of the pc for that application.

If this fixes the issue that you can confirm that this is DNS issue.

If the host file also doesn't work then toy need to check that you can ping the application when you have issue or use telnet command at that time to identify if network issue.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol