cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening Adobe Form after changes made

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm getting an error when trying to open an Adobe Interactive form in the web browser after making some changes to the form in transaction SFP.  The error message is  "WebDynpro Exception: The ADS call has failed.  You can find information about the cause in the error.pdf on the application server".

We have several other Adobe forms on our system and they are all working fine - so ADS is running and working correctly.

I was able to get copies of the error log files specified in the message but they all have "No Errors Reported".

This started in our DEV system after making the change to the form.  The change was just adding a few lines of Java script - extending an IF condition that was already in there.  I tried moving the changes to QAS to see if the issue was specific to the DEV system, but the error is occurring in QAS now too (the form was working in QAS before transporting the changes).  The error is not user or computer specific - happens for all users, all web browsers, etc.  The SAP ID I am using in DEV has SAP ALL, so shouldn't be a security/authorization issue.

I have tried the following to resolve the error, but none of these have worked:

- removed the code that was added to the form

- used version management to retrieve the previous version of the form in DEV

- downloaded the form from Production and uploaded back into DEV

- restarted Java and ABAP services on the application server

- stopped and restarted applicable services in transaction SICF (ADS, the form service itself)

- saved/activated/compiled the form, interface, and webdynpro components (multiple times for each)

- deleted the form and interface and uploaded the Production versions to replace them

We've made similar changes to other interactive forms in the system lately and they are all still working correctly.  Only this one form has the error.

I really need to be able to make the changes to this form.  Any ideas on how to correct this error?

Thanks,

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the error at the java server side

nwa/logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error logs on the server side show the following:

Processing exception during a "Render" operation

com.adobe.ProcessingException: Error while applying removeData.xsl to data for cache render

Then it gives the error log file name on the server.  We have been able to retrieve the error log files, but they all have "No Errors Reported"

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

Please check the following link:

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What should the link say to us? There is just another question in... That is not helpful!

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

With what designer is the form been created in the past.

I read somewhere, that there are problems, if the designer differs in the version.

Did you already tried to install an older version of the formbuilder and get a version back.

That could perhaps solve this problem.

I'm sorry, I do not find the content where this issue was discussed, because I didn't thought this would happen to SAP-AdobeForms.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Florian,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not sure what version of designer was used to create the form initially.  Some of my co-workers have also been working on other forms in the system with no issues - I'll check if they are using a different version than me and let you know if that makes a difference or not.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your form interface carefully. Looks like some unknown data type is referred in there. Also can you please try checking if any file is being created on the application server with name error.pdf ?

Try testing the service standalone in SICF tcode - /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zadobe_ex_form/

Former Member
0 Kudos

The form interface is actually pretty basic.  The import/export parameters all reference standard SAP data types and they do exist in the system.

Testing the service via SICF produces the same error - it opens a web browser session to the same link/url.

The error.pdf portion of the message is a bit misleading, it actually ends up with a different file name than that ( I found that in another thread), it ends up with a date/time stamp and user ID as part of the file name.  We were able to retrieve the files from the server, there is one error file generated each time we call the form.  They all just have "No Errors Reported" though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check the designer versions - there are a couple of us working on forms in the system and we do have different versions of the designer installed (8.0 vs 9.0).  I had my co-worker try reloading the form using the older version, but the error is still there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

call me crazy but i still think your ads is not working properly. (I did a dbcopy without ads post activities in the past and i was able to open forms till i was creating new one)

Can you try to download and open an oss note, does it work?

Let me know

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, I am able to view notes in the system (I'm assuming you mean via transaction SNOTE).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i meant snote, apologies for not being clear.

Actually, looking around I saw other similar errors with different solution, do you have dumps in ST22?

Meanwhile we manage to find the solution, is it possible for you to create a copy of your form in live? In case of yes, do it and then transport/upload that to test. If then this copy of form works properly, rename the not working to _knackered  and the copy from live to original name.

Let me know the outcome

cheers

a

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've attached the ST22 details from the error.

A couple things that might help from that:

One section has this error: "Template &A& has an unknown and therefore unsupported interface type"

Also, this one: "ADS: com.adobe.ProcessingException: Error while while applying removeData.xsl to data for cach"

I have actually already tried copying the form from Production and loading it back into DEV.  In DEV i renamed the form with _old then uploaded the Form and Interface as copied from Production.  That still left me with the same error though.

We did do some debugging and found that the failure was after the initial Web Dynpro processing, and occurs somewhere in the pdf render stage of the process.  I can try to go through that again and try to find the exact spot it is failing, but it was all in the standard SAP code at that point.

A thought I had was that there is some inconsistency between the Form/Interface and the Web Dynpro portion of it.  I thought that saving/activating everything again would make sure that everything is "in synch".  Are there any other ways of making sure everything is consistent?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

this looks very like there is something wrong in the ads connection.

But there is one try left, if you got the similar builderversion:

Did you just process the form itself. You know, without any data in it, so just the form comes up?

If that will work, there must be something with the interface.

Have you tried to find a solution by using the Advanced search tool ( ANST ) ? That should have a try too.

Regards

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the ADS was not configured properly, wouldn't that mean that none of our forms should be working though?  We have several other forms in our system that are all working fine - just this one is having the error.

I can bring up a preview of the form in SFP.

The system is not up to date on support packs, so ANST is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan

i saw a lot of good hints so I've stepped back

if you still facing this issue as i suppose can you spend couple of minutes testing the form from SFP?

other silly idea, would you be happy to send the transport with that form to my pvt email?

Let me know the outcome

a